New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Has Steve Jobs lost his magic?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Has Steve Jobs lost his magic?

QUOTE Thanks
dohidied

dohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz

I read the article earlier and I don't really agree. Yes, Jobs didn't seem to be as charismatic as some previous keynotes, but I think it's mostly due to people's perceptions. WWDC was way overhyped, with rumors of iphones, ipods, meroms in macbooks, macbook pros, imacs, virtualization, pvr, etc. I think people had unrealistic expectations of a conference for developers. They don't care about iPods and iMacs. I read an article on Macworld that I really agree with. All anyone should have expected yesterday was the MacPro, Xserve, and Leopard. That's what we got and we'll have to wait for a more appropriate venue to see new consumer-oriented products.

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/edit...php?lsrc=mwrss
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

the guy who introduced the mac pro sure didnt have much magic
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Now that Apple's products are actually worth buying, he doesn't really need to try as hard.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I would not quite put it that way, but I will say this, The Mac Pro could sell itself to me without a word from Jobs OR Schiller.

Also I could care if they introduced an iPhone or not. I wanted to see the Mac Pro and that I saw and am very impressed with it and the new Intel CPU's.

He did not seem quite himself though I will admit. Hope he is ok.
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
Hope he is ok.

god me too, especially with his cancer a few years ago
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

I saw the keynote this morning and i agree, it wasn't like the previous ones, but that happens, whether he is ill, under too much stress, or anything else he is as human as the rest of us, and i'm pretty sure we all had more than one bad day.
However i do believe it was a good idea to have more people in the spotlight. In this keynote the role of software and hardware developers was praised several times, more than in previous keynotes. The "other" guys may not be as charismatics as Steve Jobs, but they did a great job. As dohidied said, this one was for the developers and any other product would have changed that. This presentation was for Leopard and the Mac Pro, anything else will have to wait.

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks
Sydrocentric

He's human? Man I thought he was a god, I want my money back!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

He sounded sick. Don't worry about it.
QUOTE Thanks
lionel

lionel will become famous soon enough

He seems to have lost alot of weight too :/
QUOTE Thanks
OneWorld22

OneWorld22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram

I was going to comment on the weight. He looks far skinnier then he looked last year.

Not as energetic, I hope he's OK...
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...jobs_live.html

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraya

That was a really short article.. but was worth reading... thanks for the link.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

steve is still the man. dont let anyone tell you different. very smart guy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snakes on a Plane | Pimping your Mac »