New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Mighty Mouse finally goes wireless...

Thread Closed

surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

Hopefully.

If only this had come out before I got my wired Mighty Mouse.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Well sweet, but... i dunno. That stupid internal speaker will suck the battery.

I'm on wires since 5 months now and I don't like wireless because of battery issues, but wireless is so much cleaner... gah i can't decide.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Thats cool, the one thing I dont like about the mighty mouse is that the scroll ball is way to small for my hands. If they could make that bigger and fix the side buttons, I think it would be a really good mouse, but having it wireless sure helps.
avcabob

avcabob is a jewel in the roughavcabob is a jewel in the roughavcabob is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB

I've been wanting one of these since the Mighty Mouse came out. If it's real I'm very excited.
studio34

studio34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06

Tease!

I thought it was a real product available now. The wireless mouse is beautiful, and I could not ask for a better looking desktop (bluetooth iPod would be ideal) but as a switcher, I am used to doing so much without having to touch the keyboard. CTRL-click works, but I would love to have a context button on my one button mouse.
taseal

taseal will become famous soon enough

wonder when its coming out?

I love the right click feature on that mouse, but you really have to press the top of hte mouse to get it... I hope they fix some of the lil things with that mouse... then i'll sure get it

MacBook White [2Ghz] [2Gb RAM] [60Gb HDD] [Super Duper Drive]
People that keep telling others to search = a**holes, instead be positive, and help, if you have nothing to say, leave the thread alone
Marl Huss

Marl Huss will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

I cannot understand why they do not just have to seperate buttons like the Microsoft mouses for Mac. Still I guess its what make apples mouses different.

Nice mouse though, I might not have a Mac yet but from the times of tried it, it seemed very nice and quite functional.
PumpkinLand

PumpkinLand is a jewel in the roughPumpkinLand is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockTuba
Thats cool, the one thing I dont like about the mighty mouse is that the scroll ball is way to small for my hands. If they could make that bigger and fix the side buttons, I think it would be a really good mouse, but having it wireless sure helps.

True, I have big hands so it may be a problem but I have never tryed it. It also may just be the pic.

I.E. I never knew wireless uses batterys I always thought there was an adapter kind of thing that goes into the PS/2 or USB port and it just goes like that.
ShillAT

ShillAT has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!

I just got a corded mighty mouse. I just hope they make the scroll ball a little more substantial.

"You can play your electric guitar but it ain’t gonna change the world
You can get all emotional on me and cry like a little girl"
-Electric Six- Rock 'n Roll Evacuation- Señor Smoke
taseal

taseal will become famous soon enough

I dont mind the scroll thingy.... just a light touch will move it down or up doesnt need to be too big... maybe a mm would help

MacBook White [2Ghz] [2Gb RAM] [60Gb HDD] [Super Duper Drive]
People that keep telling others to search = a**holes, instead be positive, and help, if you have nothing to say, leave the thread alone
Kar98

Kar98 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi
That stupid internal speaker will suck the battery.
What?

I has a signijer.
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

I've been waiting for this. First I bought the bluetooth mouse but couldn't live without a scrollwheel so I bought the logitech v270. Yuck didn't work! Sold both and bought a mighty mouse, love it but miss being wireless. The day this is instore I'm there.
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98
What?
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/fo...ive_or_pdf=pdf
I am guessing he thinks that black thing looks like a speaker, which it is not.
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Rob,

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paed...re/dissect.ars

Look toward the bottom of the page and also read Anandtech's test.
evolve

evolve will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram

I've never used a wireless mouse before. I hear they are more trouble then they are worth, but obviously that is only an opinion. How long do the batteries last in a wireless mouse? With the batteries installed, is the mouse a bit heavy for the wrist? (looking for comfort). Just a couple of questions that popped in my noggin.

Thread Closed

« Can someone explain what this means? | it out! »