New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What do you love about your mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Marlow

This is a useless thread... but I had to tell someone and my friends still call me mac boy and make fun of the excitement with which I greet the discovery of new features and capabilities. Anyways, from my 17" PB to my new Macbook I love how my new mac smells... I know this is sort of wierd, but it's not far off the new car smell people often like. I also love the new keyboard on my Macbook and how large the trackpad is compared with other PC lappy's. I know there are a million things to love about your mac but what are some more obscure and interesting things that have you enamoured.

Cheers,

Marlow
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i love that it doesnt have windows on it and that after using PC's all day the calming affecrt that my mac has over me.

QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessfreap24
i love that it doesnt have windows on it and that after using PC's all day the calming affecrt that my mac has over me.
Haha I feel the same way. Web browsing and checking email is guiltless - only time I might worry is sending something malicious on to a PC, but I know better hehe
QUOTE Thanks
iBeldar

iBeldar will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '08 White MB 2.1ghz - 4GB- 120GB- Superdrive - Snow Leopard

I like it because its small (12") and is easy to carry around. Its basically my school laptop, and this is much better because my PC laptop was a 15" and was heavy. Plus I like how I can save all my documents and powerpoint pres. without worrying about it having a crash and losing all my stuff.

The only thing I miss about that thing was that I could play Vice City once I was done with my work.

White Penryn Macbook 08'
2.1GHZ C2D - 4GB RAM - 120GB HD - Combo Drive - Snow Leopard - Windows 7 Professional
QUOTE Thanks
JKrouth

I love iLife. All the things I mess around with, making movies, Garage Band, etc. I love it all.
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Well the techies will shoot me down for this but I unashamedly like the uniformed design of mac products. My macmini goes with the mighty mouse, bluetooth keyboard, ipods, lacie harddrive, belkin hub etc. Whenever I buy non-mac products it's just not the same.
QUOTE Thanks
iBeldar

I just don't like one button mice. Ive had the same Logitech MX310 5 button for about 3 years and love it. I have one for my PC and my iBook. Theres a button on each side so I can go back and forth online.

White Penryn Macbook 08'
2.1GHZ C2D - 4GB RAM - 120GB HD - Combo Drive - Snow Leopard - Windows 7 Professional
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeldar
I just don't like one button mice. Ive had the same Logitech MX310 5 button for about 3 years and love it. I have one for my PC and my iBook. Theres a button on each side so I can go back and forth online.
I agree but on mac I've always had a mac mouse. The "right button" on mighty mouse is not the best and it'll be nice to have the real extra buttons. I've gotten used to using kb shortcuts now and actually prefer less mouse usage.
QUOTE Thanks
ShillAT

ShillAT has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!

Love the design. the screen. the applications. man, it's just.....a mac! it's unique!

"You can play your electric guitar but it ain’t gonna change the world
You can get all emotional on me and cry like a little girl"
-Electric Six- Rock 'n Roll Evacuation- Señor Smoke
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I love how its standard to use 2 screens on any powermac. Most pcs will not allow you to do that with out upgrading it, but even bottom line powermacs have that capability.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
I love how its standard to use 2 screens on any powermac. Most pcs will not allow you to do that with out upgrading it, but even bottom line powermacs have that capability.
so true.
QUOTE Thanks
iBeldar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
I can do that on my PC. . I don't though, no use for it. I keep music running on my iBook and other junk on my PC.

White Penryn Macbook 08'
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

I love that I don't have to worry as much about reloading iTunes/My iPod 3 times in a year like I did with my Windows machine thanks to crashes. I love the fact that it's going to be pretty easy to chronicle my recent trip to Japan with iLife. I love spotlight and the over all look, feel, and way OS X works.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

I love the fact that my PowerMac has an uptime of around 9 days and still runs faster than my Windows computer at work.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
Marlow

Yeah I really agree with not having to shut down or restart as being an advatage. I guess another plus I overlooked is this and other forums. I find getting help with Mac/linux problems alot easier than windows issues. I do miss the S-video on the powerbook on my new Macbook... I never carry the right adaptor with me, but this I will learn to do.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should I customise? | WWDC 06 - effects on mac product lineup? »