New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Should I customise?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

symondavis

symondavis has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

I have a recently new MacBook in white. I love the white but I want to personalise it but not to damage it and still keep the cool look of a Mac.

So I thinking of getting some translecent sticky back plastic in red and green. and colouring the lit apple on the screen lid. So it lights up a red apple with a green leaf.

What do you think? Sould I do it? or leave it sweet as it is?

I cant decide! Help
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

dont do it, you begin to void warrantees and such when you fool with your book

plus at the end you say that it is "sweet as it is" so i say leave it
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

Oh I wouldnt void warranties. It would all be purely external cosmetics.

I just want to add that touch of persoanlisation. But I'm completely unsure.

I'm so confussled
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Well, as I understand you just want to add some plastic to the shell. Try non-sticky plastic and tape it with cello. Test it. But basically I personally don't like tacking stuff up with colours. The white apple is nice enough. Personalise you Desktop. That's fine for me.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
ShillAT

ShillAT has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!

honestly, i think it might give your macbook a christmas-y vibe. avoid doing it

"You can play your electric guitar but it ain’t gonna change the world
You can get all emotional on me and cry like a little girl"
-Electric Six- Rock 'n Roll Evacuation- Señor Smoke
QUOTE Thanks
avcabob

avcabob is a jewel in the roughavcabob is a jewel in the roughavcabob is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB

I put stickers on my old powerbook and liked it alot. As long as you can take them off there's really no reason not to see if you like it as you can just take them off if you don't.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by avcabob
I put stickers on my old powerbook and liked it alot. As long as you can take them off there's really no reason not to see if you like it as you can just take them off if you don't.
yeah the most I would put on is maybe some stickers, I have been thinking about putting some stickers on my MacBook but I kinda like the clean look.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I know a guy who took his old, out of warranty, iBook apart and actually put the red and green tranlucent plastic inside the cover. It looked pretty sweet.

QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

Mmmmm... yeah I tried some sweet wrappers tonite to see the effect.

Your right a Xmas-y feel was created. I think I'll scrap that idea until Chrimbo! (Ya gotta be festive eh!)
QUOTE Thanks
Rob

Sounds cool, post pics if you do decided to do it!
QUOTE Thanks
Marlow

For a moment I thought you were Canadian with the proper spelling of customise and flagrant eh!

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
JoshuaGGS

Its just a machine, go wild on it.. macmod.com have some cool things about how to modd it.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I would just leave it if it was up to me...

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.9.5.

I'm in favor of a little personalizing.

My iBook has a Beatles sticker on the back, as well as a bunch of writing in permanent marker.

I also put a few stickers on my PowerMac's monitor, including one that looks a lot like the Sun Pyramid at Teotihuacán outside of Mexico City and another one that says "London." Both of the aforementioned stickers [on my PowerMac] were purchased at a craft store.

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should I? | What do you love about your mac? »