New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

College Students...?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacGuy18

MacGuy18 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme

For all those college students, what cases/bags do you recommend for laptops?

Pics and links are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
MacGuy18
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Most people with laptops don't bring their computers to class... you look like a silly nerd.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I think a lot of people use either messenger bag type cases, or get a backpack with a laptop sleeve. I know a guy that puts his ibook in a taped up pizza box filled with bubble wrap, I say just go to a store that has cases and see which one you like best. I have a targus messenger bag type case and I like it, but when I get a lot of stuff in it, it gets pretty heavy. Im about to buy a targus backpack that has a sleeve for a 17" laptop, so ill probably start using that.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Most people with laptops don't bring their computers to class... you look like a silly nerd.
Acually, I thought so too, but there are a ton of people in my courses (pol. science) that bring laptops to lectures and quite a few to our tutorials & courses as well...

A suprisingly large number of them have macs!

I'd get something inconspicuous. Personally I just use a neoprene sleeve in a regular shoulder bag.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
hehe... in my classes you need to bring your laptop to class.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of

lol! glad im not at your schools
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Quote:
Watch out Graphite - "silly nerds" now will be called "boss" tomorrow :p
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

I have the DC|Incase Skatebag with a Bitolithic Neoprene Sleeve. The backpack is made to hold a laptop, ipod, accessories, books, and a skateboard. It works perfect for me since I have all of those things.
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

I have a columbia messenger bag with a built in laptop compartment. It doesn't look like a computer bag so graphite and all his bully friends won't kick sand in my face neye:
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus_ex_machina
Watch out Graphite - "silly nerds" now will be called "boss" tomorrow :p

I wont be in the business world.
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Quote:
I wont be in the business world.
What IS your field, Graphite? Kinesthesiology?
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

Quote:
actually a requirement to brinig your thinkpad (school provided but you actually pay more in tuition) to class when i went to school....boy was i glad that i was out before they forced a thinkpad down my throat.

laptops in class is a double edge sword because yes you can take notes and follow along with powerpoint slides etc....but you can also play solitair, WoW, etc.etc.etc. and thats what i saw most kids doinog

as for bags? any old bag will do. some have laptop compartments in them but i have found with mine (because i bring this backpack everywhere) that i got some sand in the bottom and it scratched my book a lil bit. if your bag doenst have its own compartment you can always purchase a sleeve and put it in your bag like any other book you would carry around.

i personally like chrome brand messenger bags, they sell a sleeve for them but im not sure if they have compartments. one day i will own one of them once i can afford it.

good day
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

Quote:
graphite will be a professional body builder, actor, and then mayor of califormia...oh wait...that was arnold.

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Quote:
One of the behavioral sciences :biohazard
QUOTE Thanks
mattbokey

mattbokey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.07GHz; 30GB HDD; 512MB RAM; OS 10.4; 32MB VRAM; Combo Drive

Just get one of them messenger bags; many use 'em and they seem to work well... not for me though.

IMO, I think its a good idea to bring your lappy to class, at leats for me. I type faster then I write so I can take much better notes.

edit:
this may help you:http://www.ebags.com/messenger_bags/...=4001+20021333
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX 10.S leper | Impressive Future iMac Mockup »