Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   College Students...? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/37388-college-students.html)

MacGuy18 07-03-2006 01:20 PM

College Students...?

For all those college students, what cases/bags do you recommend for laptops?

Pics and links are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
MacGuy18

Graphite 07-03-2006 01:22 PM

Most people with laptops don't bring their computers to class... you look like a silly nerd.

PunkRockTuba 07-03-2006 01:28 PM

I think a lot of people use either messenger bag type cases, or get a backpack with a laptop sleeve. I know a guy that puts his ibook in a taped up pizza box filled with bubble wrap, I say just go to a store that has cases and see which one you like best. I have a targus messenger bag type case and I like it, but when I get a lot of stuff in it, it gets pretty heavy. Im about to buy a targus backpack that has a sleeve for a 17" laptop, so ill probably start using that.

Aptmunich 07-03-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphite
Most people with laptops don't bring their computers to class... you look like a silly nerd.

Acually, I thought so too, but there are a ton of people in my courses (pol. science) that bring laptops to lectures and quite a few to our tutorials & courses as well...

A suprisingly large number of them have macs!

I'd get something inconspicuous. Personally I just use a neoprene sleeve in a regular shoulder bag.

D3v1L80Y 07-03-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

hehe... in my classes you need to bring your laptop to class.

Graphite 07-03-2006 01:53 PM

lol! glad im not at your schools

deus_ex_machina 07-03-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Watch out Graphite - "silly nerds" now will be called "boss" tomorrow :p

iRizzo 07-03-2006 02:09 PM

I have the DC|Incase Skatebag with a Bitolithic Neoprene Sleeve. The backpack is made to hold a laptop, ipod, accessories, books, and a skateboard. It works perfect for me since I have all of those things.

jhelm007 07-03-2006 02:09 PM

I have a columbia messenger bag with a built in laptop compartment. It doesn't look like a computer bag so graphite and all his bully friends won't kick sand in my face :oneye:

Graphite 07-03-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deus_ex_machina
Watch out Graphite - "silly nerds" now will be called "boss" tomorrow :p

I wont be in the business world.

deus_ex_machina 07-03-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

I wont be in the business world.

What IS your field, Graphite? Kinesthesiology?

coach_z 07-03-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

actually a requirement to brinig your thinkpad (school provided but you actually pay more in tuition) to class when i went to school....boy was i glad that i was out before they forced a thinkpad down my throat.

laptops in class is a double edge sword because yes you can take notes and follow along with powerpoint slides etc....but you can also play solitair, WoW, etc.etc.etc. and thats what i saw most kids doinog

as for bags? any old bag will do. some have laptop compartments in them but i have found with mine (because i bring this backpack everywhere) that i got some sand in the bottom and it scratched my book a lil bit. if your bag doenst have its own compartment you can always purchase a sleeve and put it in your bag like any other book you would carry around.

i personally like chrome brand messenger bags, they sell a sleeve for them but im not sure if they have compartments. one day i will own one of them once i can afford it.

good day
-chris

coach_z 07-03-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

graphite will be a professional body builder, actor, and then mayor of califormia...oh wait...that was arnold.

-chris

Graphite 07-03-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

One of the behavioral sciences :biohazard

mattbokey 07-03-2006 04:23 PM

Just get one of them messenger bags; many use 'em and they seem to work well... not for me though.

IMO, I think its a good idea to bring your lappy to class, at leats for me. I type faster then I write so I can take much better notes.

edit:
this may help you:http://www.ebags.com/messenger_bags/...=4001+20021333