New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Best deals you got on old macs!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

Well, lets here about all your crazy used mac deals.. Lets see who got the best deal and where they got it from...

I have gotten a bunch of good deals, but the best is probally a free beige g3 desktop.. It was 300mhz, had 384mb ram, and 36gb of hard drive space. I got it a couple of years ago from a school surplus. They were going to dump it if no one took it.

Enough about me, lets here all those crazy deals you guys have gotten :cool:

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
BlindingLights

BlindingLights is a jewel in the roughBlindingLights is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD

well, might get a powermac G4 if my local school doesn't want it... they switched over to dells about five years ago, but still have a few older macs laying around i guess. I saw one with a broken fan the other day, hopefully the school doesn't want it and it'll be mine.

the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_boy22
i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me
QUOTE Thanks
iBeldar

iBeldar will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '08 White MB 2.1ghz - 4GB- 120GB- Superdrive - Snow Leopard

Im about to get a B&W PowerMac from my dad's work. They barely use it and they ordered a new computer to replace it, so my dad is getting it off their hands so I can have a new toy to play with.

White Penryn Macbook 08'
2.1GHZ C2D - 4GB RAM - 120GB HD - Combo Drive - Snow Leopard - Windows 7 Professional
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Two of the best deals I got are: A Power Mac Sawtooth 500Mhz G4 with 1GB ram and 40GB brand new HDD. This was 3 years ago when they were worth a lot, I got it from my friend who works for the goverment in MINT shape for $121. At that time they were going for $500 Plus on ebay. It was MINT also.

Also I got a B&W G3 300Mhz Rev 2 motherboard and 512Megs RAM on Ebay for $25 over a year ago.
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

makwanad will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb

Well apple were gonna sell me a macbook with 2gb ram and an exspensive bag for 750, woulda gone for it if I had the cash but it isn't an old mac so it don't count. I recently got a maxed out emac for 216, it is also the fastest emac you can get. Just look at my mac specs, I also got hold of a refurbed ipod video for less than half the price of a brand new one in UK prices. Also a G4 AGP graphics for 99 on ebay.

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
wicker_man

wicker_man will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD

I got my first Mac a few months ago for just 10- a G3 iMac DV Grape.

The guy who was selling had upgraded to a G5 iMac and it had been sitting unused for a while and the hard drive was apparently dodgy, so I got a bargain!

Specs: G3 400MHz, 64MB RAM, 10GB HDD, slot load DVD drive, 2 firewire ports, original keyboard and round mouse, OS 9.0.3.

I've upgraded it to 640mb RAM and 80GB HDD, and it's running Panther (10.3.9) quite nicely at the moment.

As it's my first Mac, I've been using it to learn my way around OS X at the moment and for light usage (web browsing, downloading IM, iTunes, iPhoto etc). But for more demanding tasks like TV watching/recording, gaming, audio/video work, disc burning and heavy web browsing, I need to use my Athlon 64 Windows Media Center laptop.

Next year (August 2007) I'm going to replace both with a 15" MacBook Pro for uni, and give my Windows laptop to my sister and put the iMac in the lounge for music.

MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz, PowerMac G4 Cube + 17" LCD Studio Display, 2x1TB WD My Book Studio (FW800)
iPod Classic 160GB (Black), 3rd gen 40GB, iPhone 2G 16GB + Denon AH-C551K
NAD C370 + B&W 686 + Grado SR80
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Free macintosh Quadra 660av (years ago)
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

My Mother-in-law's Pismo wouldn't start-up so she replaced it and stuck it in the closet. I asked her what hapened to her awsome powerbook and she said it didn't work, "Do you want it? If you can fix it its yours..." I got a free Pismo. If that ain't a crazy deal...

I also got an apple laser printer on eBay for $9.00, which I then used to print my masters thesis (for the cost of the paper instead of paying the university printshop to do it for a big fee).
QUOTE Thanks
macmini3399

macmini3399 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz

I bought a Lc580 for $5 last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
My wife's switching.... she just doesn't know it yet
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New mac user...please help!!! | something eating up my hard drive »