New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Apple's Leopard has its eye on Redmond

Thread Closed

coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Quote:
For the second time in as many years, Apple Computer is looking to outshine rival Micrsoft Corp. in the inevitable battle between the two companies' software operating systems.

There's still over a month to go before Apple will take the wraps off Leopard, the next version of Mac OS X, but already the rumor mills are abuzz over a couple of purported screenshots that depict some long-rumored features of the software.
Link to full story.
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Well the poster that posted the screenshots said that they are fake... so the screenshots are fake, but I wonder what features they might have gotten right.. It's going to be interesting
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
Well the poster that posted the screenshots said that they are fake... so the screenshots are fake, but I wonder what features they might have gotten right.. It's going to be interesting
Agreed Murlyn, i am looking forward to the fight of Leopard vs. Vista. :biohazard
MAC-simus

MAC-simus has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2GHz C2D macbook

screenshots are quite interesting, there are some things to notice
pic 1

1. there seems to be some desktop management system
2. tabbed browsing in finder
3. windows icon in menu bar
4. is that IE 7? didn't MS drop it's development for mac?

pic 2

1. peephole to look at the second desktop
2. updated address book/iCal
Attached Images
File Type: png leopard_1.png (352.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png leopard_2.png (477.3 KB, 18 views)
coltssaturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC-simus
screenshots are quite interesting, there are some things to notice
pic 1

1. there seems to be some desktop management system
2. tabbed browsing in finder
3. windows icon in menu bar
4. is that IE 7? didn't MS drop it's development for mac?

pic 2

1. peephole to look at the second desktop
2. updated address book/iCal
about that peephole to look at the second desktop, isn't this thing called Flip 3D in Vista.
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

I don't think that's "peephole" in Pic 2. I think it's a Core Image filter warping to the second desktop.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
MAC-simus

MAC-simus has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2GHz C2D macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95
I don't think that's "peephole" in Pic 2. I think it's a Core Image filter warping to the second desktop.
notice how dock is not distorted. it has to be some way to look at second desktop, kinda like exposé, I think.

P.S.
if these screenshots are not fake

P.P.S
we'll know the truth in a month or so
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

Yea, I think that's just where the guy who photochopped these messed up. If that was a feature of 10.5, it would be pretty useless...I mean, what's the point of seeing 1/10th of a desktop?

But yes, they are fake. I just hope he's right about the unified look. Brushed metal is going down.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I really really really like the look of Vista.. the whole glass look.. I personally think it's way more refined then the current OS X look. If I was just going for looks then I would go with Vista any day, but since an OS is a whole lot more than just looks.. I won't even touch Vista

Thread Closed

« New Apl. commercials need a new face? | Need IE6 for school What can I do? »