MacNN forums deleted my account!
    I'm very new to the online Mac community. I had a iMac, ages ago, back when the Indigo iMac 350 first came out. Sold it shortly afterwards while it was still pretty new. Here it is like 5 years later, and I'm getting back into them. I googled for some Mac related forums to ask questions in. I found these forums, and MacNN's forums.. I made about 20 posts over there, as well as here. I find that they have a "Modifications" section that's missing here, I really enjoy hacking my hardware, being a long time PC guy.. Anyways.. For no reason, out of the blue, my account was deleted over there.. No email explaining why, the account is just flat gone. I found one of my old posts and I'm listed as a "guest" with all my stats deleted. Is that normal for them to delete newbie's accounts? Is there a better forum that I should look into, as I'm not much inclined to give them a second chance.
    Sorry to have to ask about some other forum on this one, but this is the "anything goes" section, and I'm feeling kind of rejected..

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    well feel free to create threads about modifications here in the anything goes, software and hardware sections depending on what the mod is.

we dont have a modification forum but if the idea is picked up quickly the mods are pretty good with listening to our thoughts and ideas
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    We do have some modders here but its not a big part of our forum. Just put your hardware mod questions in the hardware section.

We delete accounts if inactive for over a year. We also wont just delete your account outa the blue, we will ban you and embarrass you first :biohazard

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    As Graphite said, we don't just delete/ban out of the blue here unless you spam.

You'll find that there is a distinctly different atmosphere here than what you'll find on MACNN, Macworld, etc.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I wonder what is up with them zapping your account? I have not logged in there in probably 10 months to a year and my account was still there. I wonder what is up?

I never go there as I really did not like the forums there that much.

Specs:
    Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
    Quote Originally Posted by UnaClocker
    Anyways.. For no reason, out of the blue, my account was deleted over there.. No email explaining why, the account is just flat gone.
    You probably pissed off the hardcore fanboi section. Did you ever post something that triggered a reply along the lines of "well, if you don't like it the way it is, why don't you go back to Windows/PCs!!!1111!eleven" ?
    I has a signijer.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by UnaClocker
    Is that normal for them to delete newbie's accounts? Is there a better forum that I should look into, as I'm not much inclined to give them a second chance.
    Sorry to have to ask about some other forum on this one, but this is the "anything goes" section, and I'm feeling kind of rejected..
    I don't think anyone here is going to be able to give you a fair answer on that one. Since you are asking about another forum, the best advice I can give you is to ask them. You may not want to give them a "second chance", but the only way you are going to find your answer is to ask them.
    :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Yeah, I clicked the "Contact Us" link, and sent them an email. No reply yet. Oh well. And no, I never got any jostled feathers type replies. I was really only asking questions about things there. Oh well. Thanks for the great welcome here, though.

Specs:
    20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
    Maybe they thought you created another account, but then they would tell you.

There could be a lot of reasons like you spammed or didn't follow the rules or i guess they just did it for fun.

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    I gota say... that would be fun :biohazard

eitherway, your welcome to stay here...

Specs:
    20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
    Fun for them , but not for him.

Quote Originally Posted by biggyme13
    Fun for them , but not for him.
    now don't get all serious biggyme. :dummy:

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
    I enjoy this community much more then MacNN. I find the mods there will close alot of threads without moving them or explaining where they should be. Also, there are typically only 3-4 replies per post.

Here the mods are more considerate and more people are willing to respond to your threads no matter how simple or complicated the question.
    20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB HD 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM
    80 GB 5.5G iPod
    8 GB iPhone

Specs:
    15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs
    Mac-Mod is a much better site for hardware modding anyways. They have a relatively small communtiy/forum. It's a nice site, check it out.
    I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
    They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
    I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.

Thread Information