New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

MacNN forums deleted my account!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

UnaClocker

UnaClocker is on a distinguished road

I'm very new to the online Mac community. I had a iMac, ages ago, back when the Indigo iMac 350 first came out. Sold it shortly afterwards while it was still pretty new. Here it is like 5 years later, and I'm getting back into them. I googled for some Mac related forums to ask questions in. I found these forums, and MacNN's forums.. I made about 20 posts over there, as well as here. I find that they have a "Modifications" section that's missing here, I really enjoy hacking my hardware, being a long time PC guy.. Anyways.. For no reason, out of the blue, my account was deleted over there.. No email explaining why, the account is just flat gone. I found one of my old posts and I'm listed as a "guest" with all my stats deleted. Is that normal for them to delete newbie's accounts? Is there a better forum that I should look into, as I'm not much inclined to give them a second chance.
Sorry to have to ask about some other forum on this one, but this is the "anything goes" section, and I'm feeling kind of rejected..
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

well feel free to create threads about modifications here in the anything goes, software and hardware sections depending on what the mod is.

we dont have a modification forum but if the idea is picked up quickly the mods are pretty good with listening to our thoughts and ideas
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

We do have some modders here but its not a big part of our forum. Just put your hardware mod questions in the hardware section.

We delete accounts if inactive for over a year. We also wont just delete your account outa the blue, we will ban you and embarrass you first :biohazard
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

As Graphite said, we don't just delete/ban out of the blue here unless you spam.

You'll find that there is a distinctly different atmosphere here than what you'll find on MACNN, Macworld, etc.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I wonder what is up with them zapping your account? I have not logged in there in probably 10 months to a year and my account was still there. I wonder what is up?

I never go there as I really did not like the forums there that much.
QUOTE Thanks
Kar98

Kar98 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaClocker
Anyways.. For no reason, out of the blue, my account was deleted over there.. No email explaining why, the account is just flat gone.
You probably pissed off the hardcore fanboi section. Did you ever post something that triggered a reply along the lines of "well, if you don't like it the way it is, why don't you go back to Windows/PCs!!!1111!eleven" ?

I has a signijer.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaClocker
Is that normal for them to delete newbie's accounts? Is there a better forum that I should look into, as I'm not much inclined to give them a second chance.
Sorry to have to ask about some other forum on this one, but this is the "anything goes" section, and I'm feeling kind of rejected..
I don't think anyone here is going to be able to give you a fair answer on that one. Since you are asking about another forum, the best advice I can give you is to ask them. You may not want to give them a "second chance", but the only way you are going to find your answer is to ask them.
:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
UnaClocker

UnaClocker is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I clicked the "Contact Us" link, and sent them an email. No reply yet. Oh well. And no, I never got any jostled feathers type replies. I was really only asking questions about things there. Oh well. Thanks for the great welcome here, though.
QUOTE Thanks
BiT

BiT is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz

Maybe they thought you created another account, but then they would tell you.
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

There could be a lot of reasons like you spammed or didn't follow the rules or i guess they just did it for fun.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I gota say... that would be fun :biohazard

eitherway, your welcome to stay here...
QUOTE Thanks
BiT

BiT is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz

Fun for them , but not for him.
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggyme13
Fun for them , but not for him.
now don't get all serious biggyme. :dummy:
QUOTE Thanks
iPodJon120

iPodJon120 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone

I enjoy this community much more then MacNN. I find the mods there will close alot of threads without moving them or explaining where they should be. Also, there are typically only 3-4 replies per post.

Here the mods are more considerate and more people are willing to respond to your threads no matter how simple or complicated the question.

20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB HD 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM
80 GB 5.5G iPod
8 GB iPhone
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Mac-Mod is a much better site for hardware modding anyways. They have a relatively small communtiy/forum. It's a nice site, check it out.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Reinstall | formatting HDD to be readable/writable by Windows and Mac »