New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Bill Gates to step down

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

According to AppleInsider Bill Gates will step down from his day-to-day role by the end of July 2008 for a good cause.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

yeah, that is true. I heard he is also giving large amounts of his $ away at that time to charities... (more than usual, which is a lot)
QUOTE Thanks
Bonzaisushi

Bonzaisushi is on a distinguished road

he will still be chairman after 2008. so nothing really changes. gates is a good guy

:yinyang:
Mac Book Pro 17" 2 Gig Ram, 120 gig

Canon 1dMarkII // Canon 20D// Some Lenses
Bonzai Photography!Click me!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of

Yeah, he is a good person. He is just like Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller.
QUOTE Thanks
Bonzaisushi

Bonzaisushi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Yeah, he is a good person. He is just like Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller.

i get my good person comments just from reading random things and reading a few interviews with him. I also have heard that people enjoy working for him. where as Jobs i guess isnt to great to work for. I dont know how true that is, because who is directly under these guys? seriously. oh well

in the end

Osx> Windows

:mac:

:yinyang:
Mac Book Pro 17" 2 Gig Ram, 120 gig

Canon 1dMarkII // Canon 20D// Some Lenses
Bonzai Photography!Click me!
QUOTE Thanks
Pierre

Pierre will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive

Steve Jobs is kind of a jerk.. but he's a good businessman and he knows what is best for the company. He also knows a good operating system.

Macbook: 2ghz Core Duo, 2gb Ram

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Both are good guys, the difference is that they both deal with their businesses differently.
QUOTE Thanks
Pierre

Pierre will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive

hmm.. from what i've seen in interviews etc. steve jobs seemed a little bit too confident.

There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance.

Macbook: 2ghz Core Duo, 2gb Ram

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
I did a research report on Rockefeller and it turns out that he gave for personal reasons that had to do with something but I don't remember what it was. It was a selfish reason too.
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

I think whoever (mostly) is rich becomes a good person and donates money. Because poorer people donate less than rich people. And rich people become "good people."
Money plays a big role in almost everything.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I don't think poor people give less. If you look at the percentages a person gives, it balances out in the end.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
I don't think poor people give less. If you look at the percentages a person gives, it balances out in the end.
Well ofcource percentage wise it would equal out but not money wise. Its just whoever is got money has got the bell.
QUOTE Thanks
JKrouth

I guess if you think about it, Jobs has more to worry about then Gates. Jobs is trying to keep Apple going where Gates has Windows and Xbox 360, both have big market shares. Maybe you could say Jobes has to be hard on his employees because he has so much riding on the line.
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrouth
I guess if you think about it, Jobs has more to worry about then Gates. Jobs is trying to keep Apple going where Gates has Windows and Xbox 360, both have big market shares. Maybe you could say Jobes has to be hard on his employees because he has so much riding on the line.
well yeah, to some prospect...... Jobs has BIG market share in the MP3 business....i think its 73 percent in the U.S. and more popular than beer. Good Mac sells in the years before and coming ahead. Really good growth in Europe too, like 70 percent overall.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Yeah well gates is giving away like 80% of his money to charity... maybe even more. leaving his kids with ... well nothing compared. (just a few million)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« error message during weekly maintenance | Reinstall »