New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

intel drop apple?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

is it true that intel could stop supplying its products because apple isnt paying them enough?

just a rumor i heard from 1 person

thanks

chris tm
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

We're gonna move this because it's completely unsubstantiated.

And to answer your question, I would bet that would be a no, it's not true. Intel is in a death match with AMD, they won't drop any customers.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

ok. where are you moving it to?
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by christm
is it true that intel could stop supplying its products because apple isnt paying them enough?

just a rumor i heard from 1 person

thanks

chris tm
where did you hear it? Because if intel dropped apple, Apple would ask AMD to make chips that could go into macs.

makes sense to me and hopefully you to.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Anything Goes, it's already been moved.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Also, I am pretty sure apple and intel have the same type of contract they had with IBM and Motorola.. onea those 2 year contract type deals.. or 2million chips or something.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

guranteed it is a contract stating way more than 2 years and way more than 2mill chips. intel can only benefit from this, they now can supply so many more computers with chips, apples market share is going to grow a lot once the switch is done and yea thats all i can think of
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

some lied to you, intel won't drop Apple. One Apple gives them $$ and Apple has a very large ''mindshare'', if Apple leave intel AMD will get them and have a huge victory, even if the $$$ is not there right away, Apple has HUGE mindshare, and is looking like there marketshare is going to grow
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Suppliers don't drop customers. Customers drop suppliers.

No company will ever say, "Sorry, you can't buy our chips anymore."
QUOTE Thanks
BiT

BiT is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz

^haha, that would be funny. Intel makes money, so why would they drop?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Poll: If you have an Intel Mac . . . | 2 Rumor Questions and the "I am insane thread" »