New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Apple iGame

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vbr2

vbr2 will become famous soon enough

Hehe, I was thinking...Microsoft jumped in with the xbox and now the 360. Nintendo is now adopting apple-like interfaces and design. Sony steals everything from everyone, so everything applies to them.

Tell me what you think, not this new generation (360, ps3, or wii) but the next:

The Apple iGame

followed afterwards by the iGame Pro (jk)

I mean, common, apple has great software, os, online services, and design...all it needs is a place in our living rooms, and the second to last untapped branch of apple's genius will be realized.

I am prepared for all the sort of in your face "wow that's stupid" responses...go on! i'm emotionally prepared!
QUOTE Thanks
Geowge

Apple needs to dominate the computer area, as far as sales, over PC's before it moves to other things. (iCar, iOven, iGame, iHome, ect.. ) We all know Apple is the best, so it won't take that long.
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

I'd buy the iHome. lol, White/Black glossy walls with modern furniture and such. Get the iCar and have it match your iHome! It uses the newly designed just for cars Intel Quad Core (x 2) and uses air as your car moves to help cool the octo cores!
QUOTE Thanks
vbr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder
I'd buy the iHome. lol, White/Black glossy walls with modern furniture and such. Get the iCar and have it match your iHome! It uses the newly designed just for cars Intel Quad Core (x 2) and uses air as your car moves to help cool the octo cores!
sounds like iLife!
QUOTE Thanks
vbr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geowge
Apple needs to dominate the computer area, as far as sales, over PC's before it moves to other things. (iCar, iOven, iGame, iHome, ect.. ) We all know Apple is the best, so it won't take that long.
my god...i just thought about it...an iOven would be sexy...the car too

the apple logo on a black car...

(for the oven, they just need to take the fans out of a G5 and install a hatch door)
QUOTE Thanks
Geowge

The guys over at apple's design area should be elected supreme dictators of the world. We could have wristpods! Chips attached to touchscreens in our arms and the headphones are our eardrums! Think of the possibilities! >_>
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

There is currently speculation that Apple may buy Nintendo.....

QUOTE Thanks
Vagrant

Vagrant is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: '08 Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, Mercury SSD, 3x WD HDDs, Radeon 5770

didn't apple try to enter the video game world a while ago with the pippen@world console?
QUOTE Thanks
BiT

BiT is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz

I read somewhere Apple doesn't want to get into the videogame buisness, they are sticking with professional tools. Apple is serious.
QUOTE Thanks
vbr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggyme13
I read somewhere Apple doesn't want to get into the videogame buisness, they are sticking with professional tools. Apple is serious.
That's what they say, but no one really knows...for all we know, they can be developing media centers for our living room, like the 360 (sort of), that they won't release till tomorrow evening without prior notice...

god that would be awesome
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant
didn't apple try to enter the video game world a while ago with the pippen@world console?
QFT.

Unfortunately, it was behind the times and ahead of it's time at the same time (wow that was confusing...).

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I highly doubt Apple would release a game console. Not at this point. Apple is known for having bad game support so why would they release a console before they get a better handle on games on their computers?

Hardcore gamers would never trust it and without them, it's pointless.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Prosumer Camcorders | BiggyMe13's Random Video Thread »