New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Bluetooth Pens Anyone!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

4d001

4d001 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook PRO 2.16Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 80GB HDD, 15inch

does any one know of a bluetooth pen i could use with my MacBook Pro..?

i have had a look at a sony ericsson one and a nokia one but apperently the sony ericsson one only works with their phones; and the nokia one, i havent found anything saying it does or doesnt work with macs (it does work with PC's but i cant find anything saying it would work for me)

i have also looked at wacom bluebooth graphire tablet and pen how ever it then means i have to lug around a tablet as well as the laptop!... would be good if there was a bluetooth pen that you could write notes with on a piece of paper and as you do sothe pen is sending those notes to your lmac for browsing through later!!

post or email me (williamford@gmail.com)
if you have any answers!

thanks

william j ford
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d001
post or email me (williamford@gmail.com)
to anybody who knows information, please post the information in the thread so that we all can benefit from the information.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Logitech make a wireless pen (IO), I'm not sure if it's mac compatible though...
QUOTE Thanks
4d001

i have had a look at the logitech pen and it doesnt say it will work with macs!!

in the required specs page for the pen it only details the specs for windows, so from that i assume it doesnt work with macs

william j ford
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

makwanad will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb

Found this am not sure if it is mac compatible though?

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I bet if someone tried one, it'll just work out of the box with OS X...

It's a bit pricey just to try out though...
QUOTE Thanks
4d001

i have send some of the companies an email asking if their pens work with Macs... when/IF i get a response i will post it up!! but if anyone hears of anything or knows of another product. please lemme know
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

According to a message on one of apple's developers mailing lists, the Logitech IO will NOT work with OS X.

But it kind of puts me off that you need special paper for these things to work though...
QUOTE Thanks
4d001

you dont have to have special paper but the quality and accuracy for them to work is greatly improved.. i supose it starts to get slightly less practical though, i mean - if you cant write in your planner and be able to record data because it doesnt have special paper.. would be very annoying
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Box.net free 1GB account, mount on your Mac | Devilboy is my hero! »