New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Macbook - MacBook impressions - trip to store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy View Post
Hi guys I totally agree that the macbook pro can get very hot. I have held it on my lap while watching the office and had red marks that didn't dissappear on my legs for almost an hour.
Well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple
For prolonged use, place your iBook, PowerBook, MacBook or MacBook Pro on a flat stable surface. Do not leave the bottom of the computer in contact with your lap or any surface of your body for extended periods. Prolonged contact with your body could cause discomfort and potentially a burn.
Linky
That's why they are called "portables" or "notebooks" and not laptops, you're not supposed to use them on your lap.:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
???

??? is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.0Ghz

MacBook Pros do get a little hot, but you can fix that easily. My MBP runs at about 40C always. So you can beat the heat, and its great. I agree with the rest.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i can attest to the fact that you can run a macbook on your lap for some time. i just make sure not to block the rear edge of the macbook at all (where it 'breathes').
i've done this while running civilization IV too, which really gets my mac's electronic juices flowing.

also, i do not run any sort of fan speed adjustment software.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
MDavid

MDavid is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0, 1gb ram,80 gig hdd, Powermac G5, 80 Gig HDD, 1/5 gbs of ram. dvd writer

Nice Write up
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

As to MBP heat - have been playing World of Warcraft of late
Have played sessions lasting several hours, sitting in my recliner, MBP on my lap - yes it gets very warm, but no prob at least with jeans (and don't block the vents) but definitely wouldn't recommend it on bare legs.

Is my first notebook, so I don't have anything to compare it with.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

in comparison to eh mbp, the mb does get hotter. i luv my pro

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
shadyboi

shadyboi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig

this gettin hot cries really not true..my mbp doesnt get that hot to burn my legs when i dont wear pants..and btw my friends hp laptop gets so hot,it is incredible,when i put my fingers in front of its fans it feels like hair drier
QUOTE Thanks
macguru

macguru is on a distinguished road

Portables? MacBook could be called laptops. The PROs might be portables, though.

Nice write-up, by the way.
But I think I still like the white MacBook better...
QUOTE Thanks
PinkLemonade

PinkLemonade has a spectacular aura about

I can't attest to MacBooks, but I know my iBook G3 gets so hot after about half an hour that I can't use it on my lap anymore.
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

...and why exactly did you dig up this 11 month old thread?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Got an interview from local apple store | 100 Reasons to Switch to Mac »