New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Microsoft iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Haha:

http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/archive/20...17/600487.aspx
QUOTE Thanks
thelox714

thelox714 is on a distinguished road

love it

My Photo Site.
Other sites:
MySpace
My Blog.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Kind of looks a bit like iPhoto.
QUOTE Thanks
lil

For all of OS X's sins against the human user interface (I'm not convinced of the ergonomics of the three round button on the top left of windows still, but I live with them, and the Dock can still be a little odd..), it does pummel Vista's Aero Glass UI which is just a dire, cluttered and confusing UI from what I have used.

At times I found myself loosing track of which window was actually active on the screen, not to mention go nuts over the UAP stuff which disabled access to any of the system until I verified what I was doing (dragging some shortcuts into the Trash).

After about twenty minutes of playing, I had to walk away.

iPhoto is not perfect but I still think iPhoto 6 is a very very smart piece of software that this imitation seems to lack in what it captures, though it's not bad either, just a shame about the nasty Aero Glass UI.

The other thing that is laughable however is MS' DVD authoring package which iDVD doesn't just blow out of the water, but blows it out of the universe beyond

And this isn't just a stick the boot in Windows, Mac zealot post—just the facts that MS has a *lot* to do to get a comparable iLife suite for Windows ready, and secondly, the old UI was just so much more functional in the environments it is intended for, ie: businesses.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

I suppose it's a good thing that MS are coming up with applications to compete with iphoto and itunes/iTMS (their new WMP11 with that MTV partnership music store). MS must really fear losing people to macs to try and compete with the iLife apps. I have to admit that MS have had a couple of good ideas with WMP11 for organising and browsing music (from what I can tell from screenshots) that I might like to see in itunes. If it drives apple to make even better apps then who cares if MS copy.

As for Aero Glass, at least you can turn it off, it seems to bump up the specs a lot having to run it anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

looks like the google picasa...
a bit..
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

well microsoft do copy a lot of mac stuff !
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macs with extras from the Apple Stores? | A question... »