New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

BBC Sticks Job Interview Candidate on air...by mistake! ;)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lil

Hello,

Saw this on the beeb's news site this morning.

It's about a chap who went for an interview for an IT post but got mistaken for a technology correspondent and was put live on air in an interview on the BBC's 24hrs news channel—News 24.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4774429.stm

You can watch the news item too, you will need Windows Media Player (or Flip4Mac QT Codec) or RealOne Player.

The poor chap in this instance was asked about the Apple vs. Apple court case judgement that came this time last week.

What a poor soul and blimey talk about the ultimate job interview, seeing how you cope live on air to millions of people! :flower: I'd of been right in there if they mistook me for the technology correspondant. *chuckles*

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
alexmaccoll

alexmaccoll is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5

Blimey! Just watched the interview.
That guy looked completely befuddled.
Alex
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Ha, yeah iwhat showed us that in the IRC chat, thanks for bringing it with more detail and to the rest of the community.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

So, did he get the job? After that they own him something.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
lil

He sure should rman! Anybody who does that for a job interview deserves the job for havung the balls!

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

makwanad will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb

He was just a taxi driver too. I was reading about it on sunday in the guardian.

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of

Actually the article says hes not a cab driver. The paper printed it wrong. Hes from the congo new graduate.
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

makwanad will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb

No wonder nobody reads the gaurdian. I did read it different in The Sun but being a Liverpool fan The Sun should not be read by me.

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Just making conscious notes here not to do a Boris Johnson :flower:

Indeed not he's not a cabbie at all. I reckon if someone steps though the frames you could probably accurately pinpoint the moment the poor chap fills his pants.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

haha! and its honor roll lil, not honour :biohazard silly UK spellings...
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Haha, you spotted it at last :flower: I did originally have "I was on the M-F Cheese and Ham Roll" but then came up with an even more cunning plan *cackles*

Vicky
(Ever the proud bastion of her native tongue... ...just me then hehe)
QUOTE Thanks
MJGUK

Pretty funny story :p

p.s. Guardian > Sun (Rubbish)

Although, The Independent > ALL.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacGathering | Converting »