New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

My 17in Flat panel screen is fading black!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dspg_Asap

Dspg_Asap is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: intel Imac

A couple days ago, I turned on my G4 computer and my 17in flat panel screen got very dark in the top right corner. Also, I noticed my "power button" on my screen was blinking 3 times every 8 seconds. So I restarted my computer, once the screen loaded, the top of my screen was dark and the blinking still occured. What could the problem be? Should I buy a new monitor or what?
QUOTE Thanks
captainstabbin

captainstabbin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano

I would hook the mac up to another monitor and see if it does the samething. Looks like its probably the monitor though. How old is it? Did you get the apple care for the monitor?
QUOTE Thanks
Dspg_Asap

Dspg_Asap is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: intel Imac

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstabbin
I would hook the mac up to another monitor and see if it does the samething. Looks like its probably the monitor though. How old is it? Did you get the apple care for the monitor?
It's 4 years old. http://www.evanagee.com/items_of_int.../display20.jpg.

I just bought a new monitor, a cinema display for my mac. I might take the Lcd in for a check up. Im not sure if I have apple care for it though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A newbie has some questions | help »