New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Think this may ever happen?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

evolve

evolve will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram

:tusks: I know this is a long shot, but I got to thinking last night while looking at reviews for the Xbox 360. What if Apple made a gaming console? Do you think this will ever happen? I got to thinking that this may not be that far off as a possibility. Microsoft has the Xbox, and even though Apple hasnt focused on the "Home Gaming Console" I still think it would be pretty cool. I could only imagine what kind of inovations Apple would come up with to make its product a "must have." Either way, I think it would be the :bomb:!

QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

I would prefer them entering either the PDA market again, or a cell phone like the Treo. I guess I'm just a diehard PlayStation fan who is eagerly awaiting the PS3.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

apple tried making a game console, it never made it past beta. Anyone got pics. post now.
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

here you go

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
MJGUK

Apple? Gaming Console?

Not really their area of expertise, right?
QUOTE Thanks
Magic Wok

That controller, looks like it was the inspiration for both the current PS3 boomerang design and the 360 controller... LOL
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

Wow, I had no idea they attempted that. Makes me wonder exactly what Steve inhaled in the past.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

I think they onlay marketed it, they didn't actually make it. But as we know, Apple used to have a horribly huge lineup of large products no-one wanted. Then skimmed down to 5 computers plus the iPod.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

makwanad will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb

Apparently the Apple Newton (the pda) did really well and was quite good for it's time. if the rumors about Apple and Intel working on something other than a Computer for once are true I would say it may be a gaming console or some sort of really cool handheld, especially since the Nano is being re-designed in september...

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

HERE is more on the Apple Game console.

QUOTE Thanks
zap2

Would rather see a new Newton Smart phone then a game system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Now, if Apple Would Make Mac's End-User Serviceable . . . | to those in the computer industry.. »