New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

AOL the big bad wolf!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nicely

Having concluded that AOL was a pernicious provider of a service I badly needed to be without, I meticulously purged my machine of every syllable AOL had ever inflicted on my HD with one exception. I doggedly hung on to my personal filing cabinet wherein all my AOL5.0 email was stored.

This is a familiar story, we're legion out here, former AOL victims denied our mail by AOL's proprietary shenanigans. That's the bad news, the good news is there is a bright guy out there who learned how to defeat AOL at its own game.

All I want is for that guy out there to reveal how he broke into his PFC!
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Hmm, AOL is still around? :-)
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

have you used google?
QUOTE Thanks
nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambug
Hmm, AOL is still around? :-)
Your subtlety defeats me, I'm not sure what you mean. If you're suggesting I sign up with AOL again to read my mail, I'd rather eat light bulbs.
QUOTE Thanks
nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by techster82
have you used google?
I've googled my fingers to the bone.
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

I was just asking if you had searched the depths of google for the answer to your question. I feel for you, as a former AOL user in another life. There is no doubt in my mind that they are in fact the Anti-christ. Good luck on your search.
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicely
Your subtlety defeats me, I'm not sure what you mean. If you're suggesting I sign up with AOL again to read my mail, I'd rather eat light bulbs.
My point (humor) was with so many independant ISP's why even bother with AOL, Prodigy (if they are still around) and any other ISP's like them.
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambug
My point (humor) was with so many independant ISP's why even bother with AOL, Prodigy (if they are still around) and any other ISP's like them.
If you don't know, you can always check the Wiki

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

lol.. i have aol, but only for one reason. I don't want to get rid of my screen name, so I don't have aol on my computer, I don't use it to sign in to any isp, i don't use it for mail.. the only reason i have it, is for aim. yep, i pay aol for an aim screen name. I wish there was a way to get rid of aol and keep the screen name for use on aim.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

you can and I did
QUOTE Thanks
nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
lol.. i have aol, but only for one reason. I don't want to get rid of my screen name, so I don't have aol on my computer, I don't use it to sign in to any isp, i don't use it for mail.. the only reason i have it, is for aim. yep, i pay aol for an aim screen name. I wish there was a way to get rid of aol and keep the screen name for use on aim.
I wish my problem were as easy to solve as yours. When I left AOL, I took my screen name with me I still have it. I bought myself my own domain for a very modest sum, I mean modest. I can flip ISPs like gnats, but my screen name goes with me every time.

If you're still with AOL, your stomach could easily win the Guinness record for the strongest stomach that ever lived. Forgive me for saying this, but you must be a masochist (I'm saying that with a smile).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac shirt | How do you put Windows onto a Mac v 10.4 »