New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

need help with logitech s530 keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iHeartSTI

iHeartSTI is an unknown at this point

So, i bought this Logitech s530 keyboard. and its up and running, but i have seemed to misplaced the owners manual and there are all these side keys for iTunes, Mail, and Spotlight. but i cant work them cause i dont know how to set them up. the power on/off button works just fine. as well as the computer volume control.

does anyone here have this keyboard and could maybe help me out with this issue?

thanks,

iHeartSTI
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

is theres a pref pane for it?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

don't you need logitech control center?
QUOTE Thanks
iHeartSTI

iHeartSTI is an unknown at this point

ok, so i dont know what a pref pane is NOR a logitech control center...im new *sigh*
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...ontentid=11483

Click Download
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

Are you still using the S530? I am trying to find a good wireless keyboard and mouse. I just bought the microsoft laser 6000 but the mouse feels very "heavy" when moving it around. I have the mouse speed all the way to fast but it just doesn't feel right.

How does the logitech mouse feel?
QUOTE Thanks
gort

gort is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema

S530 is great, I recommend it.
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

When you move the mouse around the screen does it feel smooth? The mouse i am using now it feels like i have to give so much effort. like when i want to minimize a screen sometimes i either over shoot or i have to go super slow to get it on the icon. I've never had this problem before. maybe its because i am using a microsoft mouse/keyboard on a Mac? I didn't find out about the Logitech until after i bought my current mouse/keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
remltr

remltr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema

Sorry that I am late coming to this post but I just bought two sets of logitech s530 keyboard and mx600 mouse combo for my laptop and mini both running 10.4.6 and the newest logitech control center from their website.

Keyboard works great.

Mouse feels heavy, does not respond the greatest to positioning. Always seems to want to move just a pixel or two past where I want to place it. Could be me. But I doubt it.

After "every" restart I have to reset the mouse tracking speed, because it will just race across the screen with the slightest movement. Logging off or sleep does not effect the settings, just a restart. Mouse settings not holding.

Have done all the troubleshooting that logitech recommends about accounts and administrator rights.

This problem is evident on both computers. One at home and one at work.

Called it in to logitech today and they are going to send me a whole new set of keyboard, mouse and usb receiver. Try it and if it works call them again for the replacement of the other set. Good customer service. But I don't think it is going to solve my problem as both units do exactly the same thing.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacOS 9.2.2 IE 4.5 Flash | Do macs have built in virus protection? »