kratzy
    Macintosh Macro/Bot
    Hello all! I am looking for some kind of macro or bot or program or whatever that will generate a mouse click every few minutes. I've googled and looked into some progs, but none of them were mac compatible. If anyone could lend a hand I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Specs:
    15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs
    We could probably help you a little more if you told us what this will be used for.

There is program called Jigglerthat moves the mouse every few minutes, but other than that I don't know of one that would click. I used to use this if I wanted my computer to not go to sleep/screensaver. Is that what you're going to use it for?
    I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
    They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
    I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.

kratzy
    Quote Originally Posted by surfwax95
    We could probably help you a little more if you told us what this will be used for.

There is program called Jigglerthat moves the mouse every few minutes, but other than that I don't know of one that would click. I used to use this if I wanted my computer to not go to sleep/screensaver. Is that what you're going to use it for?

That's exactly what I'll be using it for. Also I am usually disconnected from some online games if I go idle for more than five minutes.

Specs:
    Well, there you go! That program works perfectly. Oh and Welcome to the Forums! :mac:

kratzy
    Quote Originally Posted by surfwax95
    Well, there you go! That program works perfectly. Oh and Welcome to the Forums! :mac:

Thanks! But.. I need an actual mouse click, not a mouse movement. That Jiggler woulda been perfect. So if anyone can suggest anything, that'd rock and I'd be owing some favors. =)

Specs:
    It's been a while since I've worked with AppleScript (and I'm not on a Mac right now to try it out first), but open your Applications folder, then open AppleScript, then open ScriptEditor.app. Then type the following:

tell app "system events"
    repeat
    delay 60
    click
    end repeat
    end tell

Wow, that doesn't look right, it's been a while...but try it out and if you don't get any errors, save it as an app and run it. It should wait 1 minute (you can change that "60" to whatever you want) and then click, then repeat until you close the program.

Specs:
    MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
    You could try loading a site in the background when you are playing online games like http://www.newsnow.co.uk which refreshes every five minutes on the dot.

Or perhaps you could set up your mail program to check for mail every 4 or 5 minutes.
    Fondest regards, Kyomii

My Snapshots

Thread Information