Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   why does everyone hate mac!? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/33810-why-does-everyone-hate-mac.html)

christm 04-24-2006 12:18 PM

why does everyone hate mac!?

hi there,

i was speaking to a friend and we got talking about pc's and then macs came up. He; for some reason, said he hated them and makes him quiver when he thinks about them!

i asked him why and - there was no answer! OH WHAT A SUPROSE!

just thought i would make a point that people think they hate macs but then u ask them why; they have no answer!

chris tm

techster82 04-24-2006 12:34 PM

The majority of people who hate macs will give you no valid reason when you ask them. Two years ago, if you had asked me I would have told you the same thing. While Apple does have some bad points, it has many good ones as well. Most computer users see Apple as an inferior product because it doesn't use windows and they have no experience with it. Do your best to educate your friend.

christm 04-24-2006 12:37 PM

lol, ok thanks. 2 years ago i would have said that as well. I have been trying for 3 years!

no luck

he is a serious pc gamer and builds them, overclocks them etc... - i wish he would realise that macs are just as good and most of the time better.

thanks, - keep your posts coming

chris tm

scooter 04-24-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christm
lol, ok thanks. 2 years ago i would have said that as well. I have been trying for 3 years!

no luck

he is a serious pc gamer and builds them, overclocks them etc... - i wish he would realise that macs are just as good and most of the time better.

thanks, - keep your posts coming

chris tm

for what your friend does a mac is not a good option (at this time). gaming is still mainly PC territory, especially if he likes to build and tweak/OC his own rig.

so in terms of gaming and building, a mac is not good.

SilverEagle5 04-24-2006 09:48 PM

I don't hate Macs. I own one and work with them a lot at my job. Personally, I like Windows more, and I don't see that changing. A lot of people say they hate Macs because they don't know enough about them or have never used one enough to get to know how to use it.

dimagex20 04-24-2006 09:55 PM

The people who say they hate Macs probably have two reasons deep dow. 1)They themselves have never used one, or 2)They are just jealous that we have the better computers, while they are still on the ground with a PC. Not that PC's are bad, but I find Macs to be the best consumer computer out there on the market.

torchy 04-25-2006 01:04 AM

People often hate/fear things they don't understand.
Just enjoy your Mac and don't worry about it, you know you have the best computer for you.
It's a bit of a pain at times though :)

technologist 04-25-2006 02:59 AM

Because Macs suck, of course.

Avalon 04-25-2006 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technologist

Uh oh, fanboys are going to flame you for this... :cool:

christm 04-25-2006 09:18 AM

i still like pc's but i do def, prefer macs.

keep you posts coming

christm 04-25-2006 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter
for what your friend does a mac is not a good option (at this time). gaming is still mainly PC territory, especially if he likes to build and tweak/OC his own rig.

so in terms of gaming and building, a mac is not good.

ya i guess so, but i would reccomend one for his school work like i use.

Dillinger-63 04-25-2006 10:52 AM

I once was blind, but now I See, that Mac's are for Me!

surfwax95 04-25-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technologist

DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS OMGZ!! EXPOSE!! DASHBOARD!!! C'MON1!!111

Texasmeat 04-25-2006 11:18 AM

Why does everyone care so much? It's a computer! If someone doesnt like macs, then who cares? You know the ol' saying "you can lead a horse to water..." I tell windows people all the time that tiger is much better. They only listen about 1% of the time. So I have grown tired of ignorant people talking trash about something they know nothing about. That's why now I figure,who cares? If they want viruses and spyware and Dells, who am I to stop them?

Graphite 04-25-2006 12:58 PM

im with the texan kinda.

The reason PC people hate macs is the same reason why viking fans hate the packers or bears fans. They chose a team and they feel like they lose when their team loses.

This is of course transfered to the nerd world, where most of the hardcore PC lovers were always picked on in school growing up (I mean honestly, a hardcore PC user is usually a huge D&D dork(I have yet to meet a non dork pc hardcoreist). So now they have something they know and they take personal offense every time mac or anything out does their chosen 'team' and stay 'cool'. Now for the every day PC user, they hate macs usually because they went for cost effective, and the popular choice. People will always support what ever they bought to the death, because of Buyers Regret Avoidance Syndrome. Therefore any evidence that suggests they made a poor buy will send them into scrambling for anything to support their 'team'. Usually resulting in hate.

and wow im hung over...