New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

why does everyone hate mac!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

Quote:
Buyers Regret Avoidance Syndrome
BRAS? Hmmm...

I agree with most everything being said, which is why it's so hard to get unbiased reviews on the internet. People will defend their purchase until they die, giving it rave reviews and throwing off consumers in the mean time.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
osvoldk

osvoldk is on a distinguished road

I am currently writing an extensive research paper on this topic, and I will share it with everyone when I finish

I will not run five kilometers with water.
Yo no correré cinco kilómetros con el agua.
Ich will nicht mit das Wasser fünf kilometer laufen.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
Because Macs suck, of course.
Yeah. MACS are the sUx0rZ. u can't right-click, u can't play ne gamez on them and they r WAAYYYYYY 2 expensive.
Windows is much better.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I find that people who bash Macs know nothing about them. I have a few buddies at work who would do it until I let them play with my iBook for an afternoon. Suddenly Macs are not that bad to them.

QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
I find that people who bash Macs know nothing about them. I have a few buddies at work who would do it until I let them play with my iBook for an afternoon. Suddenly Macs are not that bad to them.

def true!
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
Because Macs suck, of course.
def true!
QUOTE Thanks
SilverEagle5

SilverEagle5 has a spectacular aura about

I think they may be thinking of older macs, too. I cannot stand anything below 10.2. I don't know why, I just don't like OS9, and the 10.0 and 10.1 don't really count as versions... they were horrible.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallooza
def true!
fo sho!
QUOTE Thanks
edge

I've found the same about people who don't like Macs...that they don't know anything about them that is. They've seen screen shots, or something...but they've never USED a Mac. I always like the windows fanatics that tell me "well my windoze bawks can do <x> thing! I bet your Mac can't do that!" "Well actually, my Mac CAN do that...and it's been doing it since long before your windoze bawks could."

I've been an Apple/Mac fan since I first started working with computers way back in the day. The only place my Apple computers have ever fallen short was with games. And anymore, I'm to the point where I don't care too much if I can game on my computer, since I don't care for most newer games to begin with
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge
I've found the same about people who don't like Macs...that they don't know anything about them that is. They've seen screen shots, or something...but they've never USED a Mac. I always like the windows fanatics that tell me "well my windoze bawks can do <x> thing! I bet your Mac can't do that!" "Well actually, my Mac CAN do that...and it's been doing it since long before your windoze bawks could."

I've been an Apple/Mac fan since I first started working with computers way back in the day. The only place my Apple computers have ever fallen short was with games. And anymore, I'm to the point where I don't care too much if I can game on my computer, since I don't care for most newer games to begin with

very true. macs r gr8 except for gaming which is why i have a pc as well
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

Does anybody besides me remember playing the game Swashbuckler or Montezuma's Revenge from a 5.25" floppy on an Apple IIe? I also want to say I used to have to boot to DOS to run my first Wolfenstein game, but I could be wrong. Man I feel old.
QUOTE Thanks
thelox714

thelox714 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christm
very true. macs r gr8 except for gaming which is why i have a pc as well
that's why i have a ps2

My Photo Site.
Other sites:
MySpace
My Blog.
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by techster82
Does anybody besides me remember playing the game Swashbuckler or Montezuma's Revenge from a 5.25" floppy on an Apple IIe? I also want to say I used to have to boot to DOS to run my first Wolfenstein game, but I could be wrong. Man I feel old.
Yep, I remember swashbuckler and vaguelt recall Montezuma's Revenge, but then I am old. And... Tai Pai? A trading game based off one of Clavell's novels.

And techster82, normally I try and keep an open mind about things like this but... your avatar is really disturbing. :biohazard

OH! Just to REALLY show my age, anyone here remember artillery? (Basically trying to shoot your opponents cannon on the other side of the hill.) And of course choplifter (which I was awful at).
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Yeah, I rem swashbuckler
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

You got something against David Hasselhoff in a speedo?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macintosh Macro/Bot | interesting »