Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Specs:
    3 Ghz i3 iMac, Macbook Pro, Old G5, iPhone, iPad, and a drawer of iPods
    Apple Support is Terrible
    I have been having ongoing problems with an iMac that is under warranty, I paid for the Apple Protection Plan. Tonight the computer acts up again and I try to log into webchat support and bang !- "Your computers serial number is not recognized by Apple Support, you will have to fax us a copy of your original sales reciept to recieve support"
    WTF??
    I have an ongoing case number and have contacted web support at least 6-8 times.
    And now they dont know me anymore??
    I have been jacked around by idiot tech support jerks everywhere but this takes the cake.
    Dude, I shoulda bought a Dell

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Not to be a big meenie, but have you ever tried Dell Tech support since they outsourced it to India? I read almost daily on very good PC forums about all the problems with Dell and the Indian based Tech support.

Try contacting Apple directly. You have one of the first iMac G5's and there are known issues and they owe you a repair/replacement.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Tech support from almost any computer company can be hit or miss at times. My experience with Apple to date has been good, but that doesn't mean everyone will have the same results.

ghisleni@msu.ed
    Ive also had good experience with apple support but with all the apple computers ive known ive only even needed support a couple of times.

MJGUK
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss
    Tech support from almost any computer company can be hit or miss at times. My experience with Apple to date has been good, but that doesn't mean everyone will have the same results.
    Exactly.

But what I will say is that compared to other companies I've used, Apple have always greatly impressed me on this level.
    Of course, you'll always have the odd bad experience popping up.
    Personally, when that happens to me I just try and remember that it's most likely down to one person having a bad day, rather than a reflection on Apple has a company (although unfortunately it does some what).
    Although if this ever does happen, I always make a point of speaking to someone at a reasonably high level in the company, to put that point across and give them the chance to correct their minor failures.

Either way, good luck with your support in the future!

I hate the apple support... My mac, wouldn't start-up, so i called applecare, they said to bring it to the store. i went to the store and the guy at the genis bar( which i had to wait in line for 2 hours for), he said that he couldn't fix it and that i dhould re install. i reinstalled the os and all the programs and it took me 2 weeks cause it was my first time and i didn't know how to do it, i bet the guy at apple could have done it in 2 hours. The worst part is that i pay for apple care. they should re name it, apple (pay for supprt that we dont even give).

Anyway, i did not have a fun experence.
    Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.

tenbellys
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    Not to be a big meenie, but have you ever tried Dell Tech support since they outsourced it to India? I read almost daily on very good PC forums about all the problems with Dell and the Indian based Tech support.

Try contacting Apple directly. You have one of the first iMac G5's and there are known issues and they owe you a repair/replacement.

i totally agree with you about Dell. They are just pure awfull. I manage 450 of there PDA's . . . there just useless.

anyways. ive only ever needed to use apple support once. and that was for a warranty claim on my ipod earbuds that was solved the same day

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM
    I hate the apple support... My mac, wouldn't start-up, so i called applecare, they said to bring it to the store. i went to the store and the guy at the genis bar( which i had to wait in line for 2 hours for), he said that he couldn't fix it and that i dhould re install. i reinstalled the os and all the programs and it took me 2 weeks cause it was my first time and i didn't know how to do it, i bet the guy at apple could have done it in 2 hours. The worst part is that i pay for apple care. they should re name it, apple (pay for supprt that we dont even give).

Anyway, i did not have a fun experence.
    How could you reinstall if the Mac wouldn't start up?

Boot from cd...

Specs:
    3 Ghz i3 iMac, Macbook Pro, Old G5, iPhone, iPad, and a drawer of iPods
    My main problem is that Apple lacks phone support during off peak hours, when you have to admit they're needed most. It seems to me many/most Apple users are home users, I use a windows box at work. I have trouble with my Apple nights and weekends when Im actually using the thing.
    And guess what? I only get to chat with someone with a limited grasp of engrish, has no idea what they're talking about, and never seems to be able to help me. Every chat session ends with them telling me to call Apple Care during business hours or take the machine to a repair facility. It is very frustrating.
    Thats even if your machine works. I have only one machine at home usually, so if it dont boot, your screwed. And I dont know about the rest of you but with my work schedule I have to be on the freeway by 6:30am to get to work and after I pick the kids up from daycare and get home its usually 6:00pm. I have to call in sick or late just to call Apple Care after I shelled out $300 for the extended warranty and support.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM
    Boot from cd...
    Good point. The way he said it I was assuming that the hardware would not even start, but he probably meant the OS wouldn't boot.

ya.. sorry that i made it unclear.

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
    I have found apple support to be ok. Does anyone else feel that AppleCare is really pricey just to extend warranty by 2 years and phone support???
    MacMania55

Specs:
    Yes. I have yet to purchase AppleCare on any of my purchases from Apple and have yet wish that I did. (Knocks on wood).

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss
    Yes. I have yet to purchase AppleCare on any of my purchases from Apple and have yet wish that I did. (Knocks on wood).
    *knocks alongside baggss* neye:
    From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!

Thread Information