New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Apple Support is Terrible

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

talleyrand

talleyrand is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3 Ghz i3 iMac, Macbook Pro, Old G5, iPhone, iPad, and a drawer of iPods

I have been having ongoing problems with an iMac that is under warranty, I paid for the Apple Protection Plan. Tonight the computer acts up again and I try to log into webchat support and bang !- "Your computers serial number is not recognized by Apple Support, you will have to fax us a copy of your original sales reciept to recieve support"
WTF??
I have an ongoing case number and have contacted web support at least 6-8 times.
And now they dont know me anymore??
I have been jacked around by idiot tech support jerks everywhere but this takes the cake.
Dude, I shoulda bought a Dell
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Not to be a big meenie, but have you ever tried Dell Tech support since they outsourced it to India? I read almost daily on very good PC forums about all the problems with Dell and the Indian based Tech support.

Try contacting Apple directly. You have one of the first iMac G5's and there are known issues and they owe you a repair/replacement.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Tech support from almost any computer company can be hit or miss at times. My experience with Apple to date has been good, but that doesn't mean everyone will have the same results.

QUOTE Thanks
ghisleni@msu.ed

Ive also had good experience with apple support but with all the apple computers ive known ive only even needed support a couple of times.
QUOTE Thanks
MJGUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
Tech support from almost any computer company can be hit or miss at times. My experience with Apple to date has been good, but that doesn't mean everyone will have the same results.
Exactly.

But what I will say is that compared to other companies I've used, Apple have always greatly impressed me on this level.
Of course, you'll always have the odd bad experience popping up.
Personally, when that happens to me I just try and remember that it's most likely down to one person having a bad day, rather than a reflection on Apple has a company (although unfortunately it does some what).
Although if this ever does happen, I always make a point of speaking to someone at a reasonably high level in the company, to put that point across and give them the chance to correct their minor failures.

Either way, good luck with your support in the future!
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

I hate the apple support... My mac, wouldn't start-up, so i called applecare, they said to bring it to the store. i went to the store and the guy at the genis bar( which i had to wait in line for 2 hours for), he said that he couldn't fix it and that i dhould re install. i reinstalled the os and all the programs and it took me 2 weeks cause it was my first time and i didn't know how to do it, i bet the guy at apple could have done it in 2 hours. The worst part is that i pay for apple care. they should re name it, apple (pay for supprt that we dont even give).

Anyway, i did not have a fun experence.

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
tenbellys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
Not to be a big meenie, but have you ever tried Dell Tech support since they outsourced it to India? I read almost daily on very good PC forums about all the problems with Dell and the Indian based Tech support.

Try contacting Apple directly. You have one of the first iMac G5's and there are known issues and they owe you a repair/replacement.

i totally agree with you about Dell. They are just pure awfull. I manage 450 of there PDA's . . . there just useless.

anyways. ive only ever needed to use apple support once. and that was for a warranty claim on my ipod earbuds that was solved the same day
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM
I hate the apple support... My mac, wouldn't start-up, so i called applecare, they said to bring it to the store. i went to the store and the guy at the genis bar( which i had to wait in line for 2 hours for), he said that he couldn't fix it and that i dhould re install. i reinstalled the os and all the programs and it took me 2 weeks cause it was my first time and i didn't know how to do it, i bet the guy at apple could have done it in 2 hours. The worst part is that i pay for apple care. they should re name it, apple (pay for supprt that we dont even give).

Anyway, i did not have a fun experence.
How could you reinstall if the Mac wouldn't start up?

QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

Boot from cd...

QUOTE Thanks
talleyrand

talleyrand is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3 Ghz i3 iMac, Macbook Pro, Old G5, iPhone, iPad, and a drawer of iPods

My main problem is that Apple lacks phone support during off peak hours, when you have to admit they're needed most. It seems to me many/most Apple users are home users, I use a windows box at work. I have trouble with my Apple nights and weekends when Im actually using the thing.
And guess what? I only get to chat with someone with a limited grasp of engrish, has no idea what they're talking about, and never seems to be able to help me. Every chat session ends with them telling me to call Apple Care during business hours or take the machine to a repair facility. It is very frustrating.
Thats even if your machine works. I have only one machine at home usually, so if it dont boot, your screwed. And I dont know about the rest of you but with my work schedule I have to be on the freeway by 6:30am to get to work and after I pick the kids up from daycare and get home its usually 6:00pm. I have to call in sick or late just to call Apple Care after I shelled out $300 for the extended warranty and support.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM
Boot from cd...
Good point. The way he said it I was assuming that the hardware would not even start, but he probably meant the OS wouldn't boot.

QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

ya.. sorry that i made it unclear.

QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

I have found apple support to be ok. Does anyone else feel that AppleCare is really pricey just to extend warranty by 2 years and phone support???

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Yes. I have yet to purchase AppleCare on any of my purchases from Apple and have yet wish that I did. (Knocks on wood).

QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
Yes. I have yet to purchase AppleCare on any of my purchases from Apple and have yet wish that I did. (Knocks on wood).
*knocks alongside baggss* neye:

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows, how thou have betrayed me... | Spring Fever!! »