Specs:
    iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
    Help Me Decide Please!
    I'm having a tough time deciding between two laptops. Think in mind, I want to play WoW

Sony Vaio laptop: 3.06 ghz,80 gig,512 ddr, 64 mb radeon graphics, dvd-rw

ibook G4: 1.33ghz, 40 gig, 512 mb, 32 radeon graphics

Specs:
    20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
    I would go for the vaio if i were you, even though i love macs, that mac wont get you anywhere, Faster, bigger HD, better graphics, and a dvd-rw drive. now if it was a powerbook, that wood be different.

(200th post!)

Specs:
    iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
    Get a MacBookPro. That would work.
    It's all good.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Okay, so if you now have a chance at getting a Windows system instead of a Mac, then go for it. You want to play games, and Windows machines are superior to Macs in that one respect.
    The choice is simple, go for the Vaio since you want a laptop for gaming.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

MJGUK
    Yep, if you want to game.....you talk about WoW specifically, then I'd go for the Vaio.
    I mean clearly I'd recommend you a Mac > PC 99.9% of the time....and quite honestly too! But comparing specs between those two machines, specifically for playing WoW I'd say Vaio. Although if you could afford a MacBook Pro that is > ALL

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    What is the Price difference between the two?

I don't disagree with anything said here so far, but perhaps a MBP would be a good compromise. You know, the best of both worlds sort of thing. I realize that money may be an issue though.

Specs:
    iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
    With the MacBookPro, you can just use Boot Camp for gaming. Though since I am not into that stuff I would not dual boot with Windows, because there could be some security issues. Plus Boot Camp is in Beta.
    It's all good.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by dimagex20
    With the MacBookPro, you can just use Boot Camp for gaming. Though since I am not into that stuff I would not dual boot with Windows, because there could be some security issues. Plus Boot Camp is in Beta.
    There are also some graphics drivers issues and driver issues in general with BootCamp. While BootCamp is a good thing, it is still in its infancy and not as reliable as it could be. It is going to take some time to get things sorted out, if they ever really are. I can't see Apple putting too much more into this, as that would require them to offer a wider scope of support for it. Something I can't imagine them really wanting to do.

It would be much better to just get a native Windows PC laptop for gaming at this point.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
    What is the actual graphics card of the Vaio?

And if it is a Pentium 4 processor, than I'd be wary. It is a desktop chip in a laptop, so it will run hot and noisy (because of fans) and battery life will be short. Plus, heat can be a problem in P4 laptops (so don't use it on your lap!)
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz, PowerMac G4 Cube + 17" LCD Studio Display, 2x1TB WD My Book Studio (FW800)
    iPod Classic 160GB (Black), 3rd gen 40GB, iPhone 2G 16GB + Denon AH-C551K
    NAD C370 + B&W 686 + Grado SR80

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    There are also some graphics drivers issues and driver issues in general with BootCamp. While BootCamp is a good thing, it is still in its infancy and not as reliable as it could be. It is going to take some time to get things sorted out, if they ever really are. I can't see Apple putting too much more into this, as that would require them to offer a wider scope of support for it. Something I can't imagine them really wanting to do.

It would be much better to just get a native Windows PC laptop for gaming at this point.
    I think D3v1L80Y is probably right about this one.

Specs:
    ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
    y dont you buy a mac book pro and then put windows on it ! - that way you can have the best of both worlds!

i know they havnt quite sorted every problem out yet but they will.

ctm

Thread Information