New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Port Forwarding in Azureus

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shamanFR

shamanFR is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacMini 1,66 + iMac 20" 2,16 + MacBook 1,83 (512 mo, 2Go, 1Go) + iPod Shuffle/30Go

Hello everyone,

I am stomped. I have been looking all over the net for help on opening my UDP/TCP ports in azureus so that I can download torrents quickly but i am unable to get more the an average of 40kb/s with a spike to 50 everyonce in a while. When i first opened Azureus I was gettin in the 100kb/s and then when I closed it and opened again the next day it said that I have a NAT error. So I started googling but I cant seem to find anything on this.

Can you guys please help me?

I have a linksys WRT54GC router connect to cable and am using port 28829 in Azureus. I opened these ports and for some reason it wont work. Also I have been noticing that more and more people are using ports above 50000 but when I enter a port above that in my router it wont accept them, why not?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

- 30gig iPod Video Black
- iMac intel, 2 ram, 250gig HD, ATI x1600 128mo
- 19" Asus 191vw, 500gig WD MyBook Premium, Altec FX6021
- soon iBook G4 14 1.33ghz, 1,256gig ram, 80gig HD, Combo Drive
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

you if you disconnected from the internet and signed on again you have the chance of having your router assign you a different ip again (eg: 192.168.0.101 instead of xxx.xxx.x.102) you can assign certain computers to an ip address within your router.

i think that sounds like your problem

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
MJGUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
you if you disconnected from the internet and signed on again you have the chance of having your router assign you a different ip again (eg: 192.168.0.101 instead of xxx.xxx.x.102) you can assign certain computers to an ip address within your router.

i think that sounds like your problem
Yep

I think your problem lies with the fact that when you forward ports you have to define a server which first takes control of these opened sockets....from there you can also share the port forwarding to other clients on your network.

However if you have not specified a permanent IP address (otherwise known as Address Reservation) for your server within your router's DHCP server settings, then the DHCP server will merely reallocate the computer a different IP address every time it connects. Thus loosing any previously setup port forwarding.

The solution is therefore to make sure the server you listed for your port forwarding is allocated a permanent IP address on your network.
You should be able to easily access these settings within your router's config setup.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to make a Mont Blanc pen for under $15 | Funny! »