guybrushthreepo
    Spreadsheet for Intel Mac?
    Hi there.

I am a new Intel Mac user, very happy with must say after terrible years with the PC.....

i am looking for a good simple Spreadsheet for my private uses, anybody has recommendations for a Universal version?

Thanks alot,

Elad

I don't know if they still make Lotus 123 or Quattro Pro or not. They are the only others I know of outside of Excel. I would imagine that Excel is probably the one you would want to get since everyone in the world uses it but you will have to purchase Microsoft Office for Mac 2004. Get the Student/Teacher version. It's only about $149 but you also get Word, Entourage and some other along with Excel.

Lotus 123 was better than Excel in many ways and very easy to program code for. It's a shame they have been run off by that **** monopolistic outfit Microsoft. When our Company switched to Microsoft Office back in 1995, myself and several others hung onto Lotus 123 for several years before giving in to Excel. I still hate hitting the plus sign before entering a number in Excel. I forget this one thing so often that it makes the entire experience of using Excel a gigantic pain in the ****.

lil
    NeoOffice/J a slightly OS X-ified port of OpenOffice.org 1.1 comes with a Spreadsheet package, has a Universal binary (for PPC/x86) and is free—as well as being Excel compatible.

Vicky

Specs:
    ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
    ya try open office - havnt heard of neo office

Quote Originally Posted by farmcock
    I still hate hitting the plus sign before entering a number in Excel. I forget this one thing so often that it makes the entire experience of using Excel a gigantic pain in the ****.
    OMG, I thought I was the only one driven to psychosis by that. [rant] It's a SPREADSHEET -- any number entry should be treated as a number by default!! SHEESH! [/rant]

Thread Information