New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Kirby Vacuum

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mdavis71

mdavis71 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook

I just had a kirby sales lady stop by my house today and do a demenstration of there vacuum. Does anyone on here have one?? and if you do is it worth it??
QUOTE Thanks
DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

Did they name the vacuum Kirby because of the pink guy and he does a lot sucking as I've seen in the past.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i dont know about that but when the day comes i want a dyson

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
SilverEagle5

SilverEagle5 has a spectacular aura about

We had an old Kirby. Very good vacuum. If you need one and can afford it, go for it.
QUOTE Thanks
mdavis71

Thats waht we have now, we have the animal dyson. And when they went over where I ran my dyson they pulled up alot of dirt. Wasnt sure if this is something they have built into there sweeper to make it look that way, or if it is really that good.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have a Kirby Generation 4. I got it at a thrift store for $100 which freeks out all the Kirby store people in my town. Very good vacuum but if I had to pay the full price for one I probably would have not bought it. It's well built though. I use the blower part to blow the dust out of peoples computers I work on. It's the best device I have ever used for that purpose!
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

im sorry if i begin to hijack your thread but you gotta read this: http://www.cockeyed.com/citizen/kirby/kirby.html

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

Ive got Kirby's and electrolux's... My kirby is from 1962 and it is still working fine ! I love all the attachmentes, especially the grinder

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

I've read that they are a pain.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/in_home/kirby.htm
QUOTE Thanks
mdavis71

They offered to sell me mine at 899 with taxes included payable over 12month period with only taxes down.
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

Dyson's are by far the best I have ever used.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

ever seen a meile?
QUOTE Thanks
geekboy2000

geekboy2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by macAttack
ever seen a meile?
I have a Miele Red Star. Very nicely built, works great. I especially like that fact that for it's power, it's very quiet.

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

They're a lot cheaper on eBay (but still very expensive) and you don't have to deal with the salespeople.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

The Kirby people came to my house too. They said "this thing can get out any stain, on any surface". After they cleaned pretty much my entire house they started doing the sales pitch "you can have it for this price...yada yada" then I made them leave.

So it was worth the free house cleaning...

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting a Windows-Based Laptop | Is Beta Software Free??? »