New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Amazing peice of art

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tenbellys

Saw this a couple days ago on a blog I read

and since im new Here i thought I would share

http://www.bertmonroy.com/fineart/te...eart_damen.htm

was speechless when I saw this.
QUOTE Thanks
claudius753

claudius753 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB

Holy cow...

At first, when I looked at the first image, I was like "so what, someone took a pic of a train station" but then I read that it was an illustration from PS. Wow!

Nathan Sweeney

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System if someone helps you out!
Come and help save lives by Folding
QUOTE Thanks
BlindingLights

BlindingLights is a jewel in the roughBlindingLights is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD

Wow, I'm amazed.

My first reaction was, "Oh cool, someone used a camera to shoot the Chicago skyline...?" But then I read it was all Photoshop work and I was like "WOW!!!"

the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_boy22
i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Oh my giddy gawd.

That is beyond impressive and stunning. *salutes that man* I'm sure I have been to that station too on my travels around Chicago and the midwest.

Makes my efforts look a bit umm, weak. (I do a fair bit of digital painting too, but with Painter IX—this was my latest 'effort': http://www.lilserenity.com/rhettbutler.jpg - warning it is big 1MB 50% quality JPEG)

To do that in Photoshop is awesome, as I wouldn't personally call it the best tool for the job.

I really need time to do more painting myself but between me writing books and sorting out the company I work for five days a week...I'm a bit strapped for time. But—easter weekend next weekend.

Anyway, what an awesome painting. Inspiring.

EDIT: Thought I recognised the chap's name, he wrote the foreword to the Painter IX WOW! Book, and has a number of pieces in the book, he is an amazing artist. I could not dream of being as good as he is; but then my style is different I suppose.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Amazing
QUOTE Thanks
tenbellys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil
Oh my giddy gawd.

That is beyond impressive and stunning. *salutes that man* I'm sure I have been to that station too on my travels around Chicago and the midwest.

Makes my efforts look a bit umm, weak. (I do a fair bit of digital painting too, but with Painter IX—this was my latest 'effort': http://www.lilserenity.com/rhettbutler.jpg - warning it is big 1MB 50% quality JPEG)

To do that in Photoshop is awesome, as I wouldn't personally call it the best tool for the job.

I really need time to do more painting myself but between me writing books and sorting out the company I work for five days a week...I'm a bit strapped for time. But—easter weekend next weekend.

Anyway, what an awesome painting. Inspiring.

EDIT: Thought I recognised the chap's name, he wrote the foreword to the Painter IX WOW! Book, and has a number of pieces in the book, he is an amazing artist. I could not dream of being as good as he is; but then my style is different I suppose.

Vicky
thats a nice peice of work you did! I can only admire peoples work. One day when I have my iMac maybe then I can bash out works of art. :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

thats insane. absolutely insane.
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbellys
thats a nice peice of work you did! I can only admire peoples work. One day when I have my iMac maybe then I can bash out works of art. :headphone
Aww thanks :flower: It didn't take months and months, well 2 months on and off. In total I'd say about 50 hours work.

When you have your iMac, get yourself a Wacom Intuos tablet and Painter IX and you will be definitely loving it, it's great fun!

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough

by the way vicky, is there something up with ur site? i get an error connecting to the database.
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Quote:
Originally Posted by macAttack
by the way vicky, is there something up with ur site? i get an error connecting to the database.
Sure is :flower:

I am working on it as we speak. So the database is down. In fact it's not even down, it's defunct and deleted. For a sneak of what I am up to...

http://www.lilserenity.com/ls — it's not nearly done yet and some things like the RSS feed may well be kooky.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

that is quite some good art, saw it in this thread (15,000 Layers) last week or so.

i have no clue how someone has the time and patience in order to do that
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
dimagex20

dimagex20 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven

WOW, and all done on a Mac.

Amazing, just Amazing

It's all good.
QUOTE Thanks
thelox714

thelox714 is on a distinguished road

i do like the site vicky.. i do love photography myself.. wanting to pick up a canon xt rebel before my trip to colombia in july.. i'll be for sure posting those up as well..

My Photo Site.
Other sites:
MySpace
My Blog.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

sites gonna look good vicky...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A guy tries to argue his case | Yahoo messenger »