New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

PC Vista-Ready?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aantoine90

aantoine90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM

Hello, I built a PC at Christmas time 2005, so only a few months ago. I am wondering if, without much lag, slow response time, and what-not, my PC is capable of running Windows Vista (maybe not FULLY featured(AERO-GLASS turned off))? Here are my PC Specs:
Pentium 4 640 3.2 GHz EM64T 2mb L2 cache HT enabled
1 Gigabyte RAM
I have built in graphics at the moment but I AM going to get a PCI video card, either soon, or right around Vista's relase (to make sure it is fully capable of working well) and maybe then I COULD run Vista with some graphical goddies turned on.
200 Gigabyte Hard Drive
Yea, thats the basic specs if you need any more details, just post the queston and I will answer it as soon as I see it.
Thanks!

EDIT: My Motherboard is: ECS RS400-A with built in ATI Radeon XPRESS 200. I was wondering if these graphics are good enough to even run Vista AT ALL (under classic or XP mode) most likely Classic if it is available. Thanks for any help
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

It will fine as far as the bit I know about Vista but ditch the OnBoard graphics like you said. Get the best graphics card you can. It should run fine otherwise.
QUOTE Thanks
aantoine90

aantoine90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM

Thanks for the quick reply like that! Yea, thanks for the suggestion I'll do that fairly soon! All right then! Thanks again! Do you think with the PCI graphics card I could be able to run ALL the Eye-Candy elements? And use Vista's FULL graphical power?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Better Video Quality on my Mac? | Best Job's Quotes »