New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

mail programmes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kreza

which mail programmes do you guys use, i am using outlook (not express) but i am trying to use the least amount of MS on my ibook, so i will need word, excel, powerpoint e.t.c for college, but i wanted to use a purely mac mail software, does OSX panther come with a good mail client? i just want a good mac one nothing stupid with lots of backgrounds and smilies e.t.c.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Mail.app is the most stable mail program with amazing junk filters. its a lot like Outlook Express very bareboned to get the job done.
QUOTE Thanks
Kreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Mail.app is the most stable mail program with amazing junk filters. its a lot like Outlook Express very bareboned to get the job done.
does it come built in, like mac standard? with panther?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Yes its standard on macs
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

It's usually in your dock upon installation, it's the one that looks like a stamp with an eagle picture.

Search in finder for Mail.app

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
Kreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKaD
It's usually in your dock upon installation, it's the one that looks like a stamp with an eagle picture.

Search in finder for Mail.app

sKaD

thankyou so much, do you know what x launch is, and can you add and take away anything from your dock at any time?
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

I don't know what x launch is but yes you can add and remove things from your dock.

If you want to add something to your dock either drag the program you want added into the dock. Or if the program is running, right click the icon in the dock and click on "Keep in dock" or similar.

To remove items just drag the icon from the dock out of the dock then let go, it will vanish in a puff of smoke.

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ichat AV test | Mac Christmasses! »