New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Neat find for cell phone users...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

Myself and my SO have both dropped our land lines altogether. Our Tivo makes it's call over our internet connection, I have an e-Fax account, and we both have cell phones. I was reading some boards today and found this : CellSocket.com. This is really cool. It lets you dock your cell phone, and then make use of store bought wired/wireless phones. So you can dock your cell phone, and pick up your wireless, and you can use a REAL phone instead of wandering around your house trying to find a good signal! They also make an antenna add-on for this so you can mount an antenna and get better recepion. Unfortunetly we just switched providers and dumped the cell phones that this thing supports, but I have a request in for info about future cellphone support

My cell package is great. I get free nationwide long distance, free nights & weekends, and a good amount of paid time. So this will let you make better use of the OFF peak times.

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Hey, cool. It looks like a good solution.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Kool, I going look into to this.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Sounds expensive to me... Here we have free local calling and cheap national rates. People only use cellphones for calling when they are doing business or away from home a lot, although there is huge usage of SMS/TXT messaging.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

Expensive? I would pay at least $50 a month for local plus some sorta long distance plan if I were to go land line. Now, I pay $60 and I get unlimited national long distance, and unlimited night and weekends. Which means if I wanted I could make all my calls after 9:00pm and on the weekends for free any where in the country with no roaming charges. And I get 700 minutes peak. Which is plenty. Which is so much in fact that we have 2 phones that share the same pool of minutes. Plus we get an additional 1000 minutes mobil-to-mobil. Not to mention I can take the phone anywhere that I want and don't have to worry about checking messages, or if I missed a call. And this little gadget just extends that even more, with the ability to use a more comfortable phone in what is supposed to be the most relaxed environment there is.

EDIT: Just went to the local bell site and it seems that they offer unlimited local/long distance on land lines now for one price. Seems they have to compete with the cell phones Anyway, for $55 a month plus taxes and all that, they offer unlimited. So it kinda breaks even price wise, but I get the luxury of carrying my phone with me wherever and whenever I want. The benefit of a land line being that they usually never go down. Usually. Seems that the cheapest land line is like $16 a month now. And for emergencies that isn't a bad price.

Sorry for the rant

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Good info.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Hmm, I know ide use it alot during the summer when I travel, but I guess I don't have a use right now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I gots my own fourum now! | Me and Dell »