Specs:
    17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
    Myself and my SO have both dropped our land lines altogether. Our Tivo makes it's call over our internet connection, I have an e-Fax account, and we both have cell phones. I was reading some boards today and found this : CellSocket.com. This is really cool. It lets you dock your cell phone, and then make use of store bought wired/wireless phones. So you can dock your cell phone, and pick up your wireless, and you can use a REAL phone instead of wandering around your house trying to find a good signal! They also make an antenna add-on for this so you can mount an antenna and get better recepion. Unfortunetly we just switched providers and dumped the cell phones that this thing supports, but I have a request in for info about future cellphone support

My cell package is great. I get free nationwide long distance, free nights & weekends, and a good amount of paid time. So this will let you make better use of the OFF peak times.
    Emrys
    Community Administrator / Moderator
    MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    Hey, cool. It looks like a good solution.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Talking
    Kool, I going look into to this.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    Pwnt
    Sounds expensive to me... Here we have free local calling and cheap national rates. People only use cellphones for calling when they are doing business or away from home a lot, although there is huge usage of SMS/TXT messaging.
    I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.

Specs:
    17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
    Expensive? I would pay at least $50 a month for local plus some sorta long distance plan if I were to go land line. Now, I pay $60 and I get unlimited national long distance, and unlimited night and weekends. Which means if I wanted I could make all my calls after 9:00pm and on the weekends for free any where in the country with no roaming charges. And I get 700 minutes peak. Which is plenty. Which is so much in fact that we have 2 phones that share the same pool of minutes. Plus we get an additional 1000 minutes mobil-to-mobil. Not to mention I can take the phone anywhere that I want and don't have to worry about checking messages, or if I missed a call. And this little gadget just extends that even more, with the ability to use a more comfortable phone in what is supposed to be the most relaxed environment there is.

EDIT: Just went to the local bell site and it seems that they offer unlimited local/long distance on land lines now for one price. Seems they have to compete with the cell phones Anyway, for $55 a month plus taxes and all that, they offer unlimited. So it kinda breaks even price wise, but I get the luxury of carrying my phone with me wherever and whenever I want. The benefit of a land line being that they usually never go down. Usually. Seems that the cheapest land line is like $16 a month now. And for emergencies that isn't a bad price.

Sorry for the rant
    Emrys
    Community Administrator / Moderator
    MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Talking
    Good info.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    Hmm, I know ide use it alot during the summer when I travel, but I guess I don't have a use right now.

Thread Information