Mac Online Poker
    Right now I'm using the wifes Windows laptop whenever I want to play a few cards. Are there any Mac compatible online poker rooms?

matrix_xx
    Well, you basically have two options...
    #1 - Use Virtual PC in which case you can use any poker room that works with Windows.
    #2 - Play on Mac Compatible Poker Rooms.

I'd advise going with option #2. Virtual PC does crash fairly often which is a definete no-no if your playing with money, and the mac compliant poker rooms listed are good ones, I've used both on my Mac with no complaints

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    I like playing poker using live3dpoker which you can find at macupdate:

http://www.macupdate.com/live%203d%20poker

I don't play for real money since I have better uses for my dough, so I play with virtual money, but you can play for real money

Brolly
    i use hollywoodpoker.com and can play with real or virtual money

matrix_xx
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix_xx
    Well, you basically have two options...
    #1 - Use Virtual PC in which case you can use any poker room that works with Windows.
    #2 - Play on Mac Compatible Poker Rooms.

I'd advise going with option #2. Virtual PC does crash fairly often which is a definete no-no if your playing with money, and the mac compliant poker rooms listed are good ones, I've used both on my Mac with no complaints
    I'd suggest the Full Tilt Poker software they started listing. Previous Mac compatible poker rooms were simply no download Java ones (you play right in your web browswer) but Full Tilt is the first actual Mac compatible downloadable poker client. I've been using it for 4 weeks and am very happy with it :headphone

matrix_xx
    Anyone notice the "Mac Users Online" tournaments Full Tilt has been holding, I think they are great!

Quote Originally Posted by matrix_xx View Post
    I used this URL and am very happy - I've been playing at FullTilt Poker!

Specs:
    Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
    remember you can't play online poker for money if you live in the USA, its been made illegal

I actually looked into that a couple days ago - it is still legal to play online poker... the only thing that has been made illegal is for banks to fund online gambling accounts. So basically, an individual poker player is free to play poker, but it's tough to deposit since banks no longer allow your credit card or bank account to be used to fund your account.

There are lots of ways around this though, just visit: http://www.netelleralternatives.com

Thread Information