New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

My computer keeps speaking!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dspg_Asap

Dspg_Asap is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: intel Imac

Here I am just sitting playing some games until I unplugged the Speaker Cord from the outlet, by accident with my foot. I plug it back in. I click on the Application I was at earlier and the computer says it. It gets annoying since the computer keeps saying everything I click on. I went to Preferences, then to " Speech." I click off "Speakable Items" and restart the computer. When the screen loads, the computer says welcome, blah blah blah, and still says everything I click on.

How can I make this voice stop speaking everything I click on? neye:
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Try going to the Universal Access pref and make sure Voice Over is off.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Dspg_Asap

Dspg_Asap is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: intel Imac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom
Try going to the Universal Access pref and make sure Voice Over is off.

Ahhh, Thanks! Never thought of going there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Funny iSwitch Video | i got an interview!!!:P but a little advice plzz »