Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    The power of Siri and a Toddler
    I sac a video about this on the Fox news site a day or two ago thought you guys might enjoy the story/

Siri may have helped this 2-year-old girl save her mother's life | Cult of Mac
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

I find it interesting that the child used Siri to dial 911, mainly because I tried to do it several months ago when we had an emergency here, and Siri apologized for not being able to do that. After 3 tries, I had to dial it manually. I was very very very mad about that!

You can try it with 611 and 411... Siri still can't do it. I'm pretty sure that entire story is BS, but I'm not going to re-try 911 to be sure.

EDIT: here's a story from 2012 confirming Siri doesn't dial 911.
    Apple’s iPhone’s Siri Does Not Call 911 | WNEP.com

Specs:
    I wondered about it too. Seems like you would have heard about more of these cases. I saw a video clip of the interview with mon on the Fox news site a few days ago. If it were obviously fake you would think one of the other news outlets would have called them on it by now. They're not exactly favore by most other media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    I wondered about it too. Seems like you would have heard about more of these cases. I saw a video clip of the interview with mon on the Fox news site a few days ago. If it were obviously fake you would think one of the other news outlets would have called them on it by now. They're not exactly favore by most other media outlets.
    I did just read that you can create a contact to dial 911. Hmmm... let me try that with 611.

Nope... doesn't work. That article really needs to add some clarity as to how this was accomplished.

EDIT: I followed this back to the source article, and it says the girl activated Siri and said "Call Emergency" repeatedly until it went through.
    http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3484579.shtml?cat=127

Specs:
    I've seen lots of posts saying it can't be done. I did see ones that says you have to tell it to Call Emergency Services.

I am wondering if some of the confusion has to do with when the various articles were written as Siri has evolved over time.

Edit: Even if it works there will probably be some areas where the 911 system can't pull up accurate enough location data to be helpful without you giving them more info.

Thread Information