New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Sunglasses

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

How are you handling reading now? Any problems?

I'm presuming (perhaps wrongly) that you're past the age where bifocals generally come into play.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
afriqueart

afriqueart is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

My eye doctor was very upfront with me. I was given the option of near/mid or mid/far vision. I was about 45 when I had the lasik and worked with computers so I new that readers were going to be in my future. I chose mid/far. I need readers but, I can see the leaves on trees way, way off in the distance. The only issue I can tell is that at night, I don't see the stars as clearly as I remember. I don't regret the decision at all!
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
How are you handling reading now? Any problems?

I'm presuming (perhaps wrongly) that you're past the age where bifocals generally come into play.
I was getting close to needing readers anyhow. The two most immediate results were:
-I can read road signs without glasses
-I need to move my iPhone about 1.5 feet out from my face to read the normal text size for emails

I was already having to take a few seconds to adjust to read emails on the iPhone, so it's not that big of a change. Youth sailed away a while back so readers were inevitable with, or without LASIK. At least now I don't need them to drive or to see when I wake up in the middle of the night.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Backlighting

Backlighting is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini: OSX 10.9.4 Mavericks, 8GB Ram, Samsung Series 5 SC570 monitor, Seagate external drive.

Had lasik surgery 12 yrs ago. Best money I ever spent.

live long & prosper...
QUOTE Thanks
uncle808us

uncle808us is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15 in. OS X 10.9.1, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

I don't think you can get these anymore but I swear by them "Brimz" perfect for boatwork if I hung other styles around my neck they would fill with fiber glass dust these stay clear under the brim or my hat or visor. Love 'em!

Brimz.jpg

MacBook Pro 15 in. *OS X 10.9.1 *NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
https://sites.google.com/site/uncle808us/
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com

Last edited by vansmith; 07-09-2014 at 01:22 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
uncle808us

uncle808us is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15 in. OS X 10.9.1, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

They fold up and down.and at any angle.

MacBook Pro 15 in. *OS X 10.9.1 *NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
https://sites.google.com/site/uncle808us/
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
QUOTE Thanks
Old Rogue

Old Rogue is on a distinguished road

Large Serengeti Aviators.
90+% of all commercial/ATP pilots wear them, which is how I discovered them.
They cut out all glare, yet they can penetrate the gloom.
There are only maybe three products that I swear by, and my Serengetis are at the top of the list.
(Somehow, I couldn't get the image to display here, so...)

Serengeti Aviators Photo by iJack33 | Photobucket

"A body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion until pushed out of bounds by the Strong Safety."

Last edited by Old Rogue; 07-04-2014 at 07:19 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
MacBier

MacBier is on a distinguished road

Well, at 62, I had cataract surgery - both eyes, bionic lenses and for the first time since the 3rd grade - no glasses!! I got the multifocal lenses, so no reading glasses either. Ok, now in regard to Sunglasses, my first big spend were on Smith's at REI which are pretty great and sporty. But.... I wandered into a Sunglass Hut and discovered Maui Jim. Pricey, but think of the $$ I'm saving on prescription sunglasses. Way cool.
QUOTE Thanks
erics72

erics72 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 3,1, 8-core Xeon

Whatever feels comfortable for you, and suits your tastes. Driving, I wear Ray Ban Caravan. Riding my motorcycle, I wear Bobster Rattler.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The Apple Clickbait Generator | Apple and Java »