Specs:
    Mac Mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz C2D CPU, 4GB RAM, 2x500GB HDD) - iPad Air (4G, 16GB) - iPhone SE (64GB)
    Question I've been playing around with Sense 6 on my HTC One (M7)... Looks very iOS7-ish to me
    Same minimalist typography, same flat/pastel colour scheme, same kinds of animations. It's only really the icons that remain more glossy & more like a refined version of Samsung's TouchWiz icons than iOS7's style.

Anyone else who owns or has seen an HTC phone running the latest iteration of their custom launcher concur?

(Don't get me wrong, I still really like this phone & it's certainly not a problem for me that it looks a bit more iPhone-like; it just seems a little disappointingly unimaginative on HTC's part...)
    For my purposes as an engineering graduate; Windows is respectable (& generally necessary), Linux is admirable (& often useful), OS X is enjoyable (& requires no further justification, although plenty could be given)!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl-Opt-Del View Post
    (Don't get me wrong, I still really like this phone & it's certainly not a problem for me that it looks a bit more iPhone-like; it just seems a little disappointingly unimaginative on HTC's part...)
    Ummmm.... don't the words derivative and unimaginative pretty much sum up Android phones in a nutshell?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Ummmm.... don't the words derivative and unimaginative pretty much sum up Android phones in a nutshell?
    Haha, your opening a can of worms I thunk Chris )
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Mac Mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz C2D CPU, 4GB RAM, 2x500GB HDD) - iPad Air (4G, 16GB) - iPhone SE (64GB)
    Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Samsung phones - Android or otherwise - yes. Everything they make seems to be 50% trying to copy the more superficial & technically unimportant parts of Apple design, 50% deliberately doing the opposite of what Apple does when it comes to the more practically important stuff (so as to try to allay any accusations of copying). 100% cheap & mediocre, but with a premium pricetag.

With regards to other Android devices (& the OS itself), as TattooedMac said:
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Haha, your opening a can of worms I thunk Chris )
    I could give my opinion of the comparative merits of Android & iOS, but that seems unnecessary at this juncture (I will say this, I'm an OS agnostic & can barely tell the difference between them for the most part).
    For my purposes as an engineering graduate; Windows is respectable (& generally necessary), Linux is admirable (& often useful), OS X is enjoyable (& requires no further justification, although plenty could be given)!

Thread Information