New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Password Box Password LIMIT - SURPRISE!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cecilia13

Cecilia13 is on a distinguished road

When Mac-Forums advertised this item last week it was $9.99. There were a lot of questions and all answers were positive. Yes, you could use it for all iMac products; no, it never needed to be updated; yes, we could have any number of passwords stored in the Box, etc. YESTERDAY I RECEIVED A NOTICE THAT I HAVE A LIMIT OF 25 STORED PASSWORDS AND I AM EIGHT AWAY FROM THAT NUMBER! OF COURSE TO EXTEND IT REQUIRES MORE MONEY. This seems to be a scam for Mac-Forum customers. I do not appreciate being scammed!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Advertising is controlled by our parent company and we, the Mac-Forums staff and members, don't endorse anything other than what you see in our threads/posts.

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Cecilia13

Cecilia13 is on a distinguished road

So when Mac Forums advertises a product for people to purchase, and it turns out to be a scam, you have NO responsibility to get an explanation for the purchaser who stupidly took your word that Password Box never needed to be updated and we would have an unlimited number of passwords? That tells me and anybody else who got snookered by Mac Forums that since you do not stand behind what you are pushing, we the buyers should stop purchasing anything that you advertise! Thanks a lot, Mac Forums! This is quite a shock!
QUOTE Thanks
Emma_PBox

Emma_PBox is on a distinguished road

Hi Cecilia,

I am so sorry for any delays or confusion regarding your upgrade. Your account has not been correctly upgraded, which is why you're seeing those prompts. Can you please send me an email at emma (at) passwordbox (dot) com with the email address associated with your PB account and I'm happy to take care of this for you immediately. This promotion was much more popular than we anticipated, so we have received a large volume of support tickets for upgrades and are working as quickly as we can to ensure that everyone has received their purchase. And if there are any other questions I can answer for you, please send those my way too

Thank you,
Emma, Community Manager at PasswordBox

Last edited by Emma_PBox; 06-10-2014 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added add'l info
QUOTE Thanks
MBP17•David

MBP17•David is a jewel in the roughMBP17•David is a jewel in the roughMBP17•David is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP17 2010 8GB 2x960GB SSDs 10.9.4 • MBA11 2010 4GB 128GB 10.9.4 • TC 2TB • TV • iOS bunch

There are adverts?

Dvid
QUOTE Thanks
Emma_PBox

Emma_PBox is on a distinguished road

Hi David,

To answer your question, there are in-app and in-browser notifications that will appear for users of the free, limited-storage version of PasswordBox, to notify users that they may be running out of storage space. These notifications do not appear for our Pro & Unlimited Access users. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Emma
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

The STAFF here have no connection to that or any product you see in the ads. A company runs this on their server and places the adds. Again, we have no connection to the ads.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_PBox View Post
Hi David,

To answer your question, there are in-app and in-browser notifications that will appear for users of the free, limited-storage version of PasswordBox, to notify users that they may be running out of storage space. These notifications do not appear for our Pro & Unlimited Access users. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Emma
I think he was being facetious and intimating he runs an ad blocker
A lot of us do.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
MBP17•David

MBP17•David is a jewel in the roughMBP17•David is a jewel in the roughMBP17•David is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP17 2010 8GB 2x960GB SSDs 10.9.4 • MBA11 2010 4GB 128GB 10.9.4 • TC 2TB • TV • iOS bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
I think he was being facetious and intimating he runs an ad blocker
A lot of us do.
Yup! ...

Dvid
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Click on Emma's name and select PM (personal message) for more information regarding your problem.

For what it is worth I would never trust any password protection program.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

This was one of the StackSocial offerings. Mac-Forums is now an "affiliate" of StackSocial. All sales, help, etc. goes through StackSocial and any offering would be offered not only at Mac-Forums, but at StackSocial and any of their affiliates that want to pick up any particular offering.

For the op, you now have a direct line to the developer above.
The contact info for the developer was also included in your redemption info.

edit:
While I don't know anything about this app since I use 1Password, I'd say it's a pretty good indication the dev is not trying to rip anyone off if they're keeping up with posts in forums across the web, registering and responding to users even here within a 2 hour time frame.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Last edited by bobtomay; 06-10-2014 at 06:21 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
edit:
While I don't know anything about this app since I use 1Password, I'd say it's a pretty good indication the dev is not trying to rip anyone off if they're keeping up with posts in forums across the web, registering and responding to users even here within a 2 hour time frame.
Yes, very good point Bob. I have done dealing with Stack Social in the past, and have had some awesome bundles through them. When it comes to a App, and its description, I can vouch that no-one is trying to rip anyone off.
That site gets a incredible amount of traffic and at times, they have hard trouble keeping up with the coupons they get from the Developers, and the amount of traffic they receive, which is evident in the comments below the bundle.

If at all anyone had trouble, its just a matter of emailing the Stack Social people and they will have it fixed pretty quick.
For Example, I bought Scrivener from them only 4 days ago for $20, and by the time my payment went through, they had run out of coupons and had a Sold Out sign up. A quick email to them, and them answering the comments section, they emailed the new Coupon Codes out within 10 minutes of me contacting them . . .

No need to yell at Mac-Forums for something out of their control

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Always best to get the facts before you make yourself look foolish ranting at the wrong people (or ranting at all).

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Would be nice if the OP followed up and let everyone know if they received satisfaction in regards to this concern. It is always sad when you see a complaint, but don't get the follow up. Cheers.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Well the idea is usually to just rant and leave it at that!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pure personal speculation about possible future iPhone models... | UK Mac-Forum Users »