Specs:
    MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
    my reason/excuse for upgrading from iPhone 4S to iPhone 5S
    I have had my 4S ever since they came out, my very first iPhone.

When the 5S came out, I had to try and think of a valid reason/excuse I could use to get one, I would love to get one, I dont fancy a wider screen at all.

My Wife has an iPad2 which she gets on very well with any phone she has, has to be very EASY TO USE !!!!

My Daughter visited us recently and came up with a brilliant suggestion that my wife couldn't argue with at all.

my Wife could have my 4S, because we all know she will be able to use it easily from day one, because as the daughter suggested, it'll be just like her iPad only a bit smaller !!!!

So now I can see my way clear to get a 5S !!!!! boy am I a very happy bunny

Tim

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    You're going to be even happier when you discover that the display is not a single centimeter wider than your iPhone 4S was, only longer.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Good choice!

Although, if you wait less than 6 months Apple will announce the iPhone 6. No guarantees, of course, but this is incredibly likely based on time frame of the past several years. But up to you if you can wait that long to see what the 6 has to offer.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

I'm in a similar situation with my 4S, which still works fine but I can't find a decent wallet case for it. There is such a case for the 5S. Do I really want to hold out for a wider screen and then wait a year for cases to come out, and then find out that it won't fit in half my pockets? I already have a highly portable iPad Air and I want to be able to carry my phone in my pocket wrapped in a wallet case. So maybe the 5S form factor is ideal for me and there is no point waiting?
    Longtime Windows, then onto slippery slope with iPod/iTunes in 2006, then Apple TV, iPad, iMac, iPhone, rejuvenated a discarded MacBook and, finally, Apple Watch. Happy camper.

Specs:
    MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
    Nah, I couldn't wait for the 6 so I got a 5S the day before yesterday, the battery seems to go down pretty quickly, in landscape mode it is MUCH easier to read emails, messages and web pages, yeah, I will survive without the extra width of the next model

and of course it is much lighter. its taking me ages to figure out how to use all the extra bits and pieces, I am VERY reluctant to try the Finger Print, touch sensitive On button, what IF it doesnt work ?, do you always have to use EXACTLY the same part of the same finger to switch it on, it does seem to very risky. HOW CAN IT WORK at all ?

Tim

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    When the touch doesn't work to unlock it, it will ask for your password instead - you don't get locked out - just make sure you remember your password. The first time mine wouldn't unlock with the password I was on a road trip and my computer's battery was dead. Had to find a coffee shop with wifi and electrical outlets to get into 1Password to retrieve the password for my phone.

Improving your battery life - mine had been going down to 30-40% in 24 hours - so had to charge it every day to day & a half. Check out chscag's thread from a few days ago. Head to his link and to the link lifeisabeach posted a little further down. Used the tips I wanted in those 2 articles and I've been sitting at 50-60% after 48 hours - still with wifi and bluetooth turned on 24/7.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    Check out chscag's thread from a few days ago. Head to his link and to the link lifeisabeach posted a little further down.
    Thanks a million "bobtomay" that article is fantastic, I read every word of what the Genius Bar chappie wrote.

I immediately made an appointment for the genius bar to get the Battery condition checked out ...... and ........ I suspect worse to come, because "Time since last full charge" Usage and Standby are both BLANK

Tim

Thread Information