Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Specs:
    MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite
    You spend more money to get more out of it, you spend cheap on software, your going to get cheap software.
    Yet Windoze XP Home Edition is around $190 for the full program and OS X Tiger is around $110.

These prices come from a large online retailer and so are available to the average person.
    Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    ok or try $129.99 for osx, and try $99 for windows upgrade or full version $98 on amazon.com (one of windows listed sites to 'buy' windows xp.

and either way, a mac costs more than a pc.

CharlesP2001
    Or try $69 for OSX from Apple with edu discount and $119.98 for Windows XP from every Walmart i've seen.

ok or try $129.99 for osx, and try $99 for windows upgrade or full version $98 on amazon.com (one of windows listed sites to 'buy' windows xp.

and either way, a mac costs more than a pc.

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    good lord kids, THE AVERAGE person is NOT a student, so seriously, u have missed my point now shut up and stop arguing a moot point. PCs are cheaper.

CharlesP2001
    Temper temper....

good lord kids, THE AVERAGE person is NOT a student, so seriously, u have missed my point now shut up and stop arguing a moot point. PCs are cheaper.

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    What an old discussion. Yes, PC's are cheaper but the price-value ratio is obviously appropriate, considering we are buying "designer boxes" with "designer OS" and iLife.

Apple never played the upgrade market, but you can use the coupons that come with your mac to gt discounts.

So Apple chose a way in the middle, instead of confusing customers with 20 boxes (i.e., "Windows XP special March Edition for corporate users whose sons study at Stanford" vs "Windows XP Service Pack 72.3.8 SE RSVP BYOB)
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Specs:
    1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
    A friend of my dad's used to work at Microsoft and was aparently was very high up in the company. He said that Bill was a very nice guy until you had to do buisness with him that's when he turns nasty. He said that when in meetings if you didn't give an answer to any of his question with in 3 seconds you where practically fired! This was because Bill didn't want any half thought out ideas, he wanted ideas that had every possible option pre planned. But this was just him being a great buisness man.

Last year Bill said that he would be retiring from MS this year as he wants to refocus on his charity, the Bill and Linda gates fund and I hope it all goes well for him. I think he has finally gotten to the point where he wants to do good with all that cash. Aparently the same thing will be happening with Ballmers as well.

edit - I have the feeling Ballmers won't be remembered for his "great wisdom"...

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Steve_Ballmer

Mac Life - Apple Mac computers news, forums and more...

http://www.finiteloops.com

Thread Information