New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Pirates of Silicon Valley

Thread Closed

quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
You spend more money to get more out of it, you spend cheap on software, your going to get cheap software.
Yet Windoze XP Home Edition is around $190 for the full program and OS X Tiger is around $110.

These prices come from a large online retailer and so are available to the average person.

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

ok or try $129.99 for osx, and try $99 for windows upgrade or full version $98 on amazon.com (one of windows listed sites to 'buy' windows xp.

and either way, a mac costs more than a pc.
CharlesP2001

Or try $69 for OSX from Apple with edu discount and $119.98 for Windows XP from every Walmart i've seen.

Quote:
ok or try $129.99 for osx, and try $99 for windows upgrade or full version $98 on amazon.com (one of windows listed sites to 'buy' windows xp.

and either way, a mac costs more than a pc.
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

good lord kids, THE AVERAGE person is NOT a student, so seriously, u have missed my point now shut up and stop arguing a moot point. PCs are cheaper.
CharlesP2001

Temper temper....

Quote:
good lord kids, THE AVERAGE person is NOT a student, so seriously, u have missed my point now shut up and stop arguing a moot point. PCs are cheaper.
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

What an old discussion. Yes, PC's are cheaper but the price-value ratio is obviously appropriate, considering we are buying "designer boxes" with "designer OS" and iLife.

Apple never played the upgrade market, but you can use the coupons that come with your mac to gt discounts.

So Apple chose a way in the middle, instead of confusing customers with 20 boxes (i.e., "Windows XP special March Edition for corporate users whose sons study at Stanford" vs "Windows XP Service Pack 72.3.8 SE RSVP BYOB)

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
Jabjabs

Jabjabs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB

A friend of my dad's used to work at Microsoft and was aparently was very high up in the company. He said that Bill was a very nice guy until you had to do buisness with him that's when he turns nasty. He said that when in meetings if you didn't give an answer to any of his question with in 3 seconds you where practically fired! This was because Bill didn't want any half thought out ideas, he wanted ideas that had every possible option pre planned. But this was just him being a great buisness man.

Last year Bill said that he would be retiring from MS this year as he wants to refocus on his charity, the Bill and Linda gates fund and I hope it all goes well for him. I think he has finally gotten to the point where he wants to do good with all that cash. Aparently the same thing will be happening with Ballmers as well.

edit - I have the feeling Ballmers won't be remembered for his "great wisdom"...

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Steve_Ballmer

Mac Life - Apple Mac computers news, forums and more...

http://www.finiteloops.com

Thread Closed

« Genius Bar | 10.5 Screenshot :p »