New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

mac-friendly bluetooth cell phones?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

redwithenvy

redwithenvy is on a distinguished road

i'm in the market for a new cellphone, particularly something with bluetooth so i can sync it to my mac. i have verizon, and i don't necessarily care about having super-great camera or video features. i'm more interested in having a phone that i can hear exceptionally well on, and that plays well with isync, and a battery that lasts more than a few hours.

anybody have a cell they love? they hate? i'd love any and all suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Sony Ericsson have great mac compatibility.
(I have a K750i - nice battery life, but some additional features I'm not sure you want to pay for).
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

The bad news is, unless you own a BlackBerry, Verizon kills the PC bluetooth connectivity with their phones (you can still use the assorted accessories).

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Try a nokia 6230...... stay clear of motorola
QUOTE Thanks
Everett

Everett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 17", 1.67GHz, 2GB RAM, 120 GB HDD. Ipod 20GB

you could try the Sony Ericsson p910i, they are very good phones, the connectivity is quite good plus the features on the phone is good as well....pda, touch screen etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I just synced a Motorola Razr today via bluetooth & USB - no problems, but it doesn't support address book dialing & sms.

(Plus the menu interface bites on all motorolas I've tried to date)
QUOTE Thanks
TOYOTA

TOYOTA will become famous soon enough

Motorola Razr V3. I use bluetooth all of the time w/ it.

Good day.

Richard
iPhone
Powerbook 15
Powerbook 17
QUOTE Thanks
speed4tu

speed4tu is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb

i have used a razr in the past with no problems, now I use my Nokia 6682 with no problems, keep in mind that the nokia software won't work with it but you can do the samething by using send file via bluetooth with both the computer and the phone.
QUOTE Thanks
apple_power

Location: London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
apple_power is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.

You can use the se w900i and with bluetooth you can see who is calling you on your imac. Also you can use nokia n70, n90 the palm treo 650 works a treat.

For the official list go the folloing web page.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html

You can also create scriptd for nearly all phones so you can mod isync to use phone sthat apple have not catered for. I get a new cell every month so find that isync is always behind.

Who dare's wins... :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Suspended from Ebay... whats going on? | Funny Video About Macs »