New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

healthcare .gov and Chrome

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dotdotdot

dotdotdot is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 2.5 i5 8G RAM OS X 10.9.2 (12C60)

So here in the US we are to signup for healthcare. I've tried for the past 2 weeks or so, but could not get it to log in. Browser I use is Chrome, the latest version (32). I switched to Safari, lo and behold, the website works. Don't ask me why, but if you are having trouble, this could be it. I looked at the compatibility area of the site, and it said Chrome version 27, so I guess they didn't account for the newest version of Chrome
https://www.healthcare.gov/browser-compatibility/
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The problems with healthcare.gov are not browser specific. I easily got on and went through the motions using Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57. The site is so sporadic (or was) that it's not the fault of any browser. Or haven't you been paying attention to the news lately?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I'll have to pay the fine - they want half our gross income.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
I'll have to pay the fine - they want half our gross income.
You mean, you're not on Medicare?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

I think the issues are more related to the whole Test-Dev-Stage-Prod development cycle they apparently didn't adhere to very well. If anything, it gives us IT folks a good example to point to when people ask why it takes so long to "fix" something that should not have made it into Prod to begin with. I'd hate to be working on that project. Good stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

I can't even open the site from here in the Philippines. Then again I aint signing up for this mess anyway.. LOL

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
dotdotdot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
The problems with healthcare.gov are not browser specific. I easily got on and went through the motions using Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57. The site is so sporadic (or was) that it's not the fault of any browser. Or haven't you been paying attention to the news lately?

Well then, it's this POS computer. I have been trying for about 2 weeks, daily, and it just hit me that I should try Safari.

But yes, I have been paying attention to the news and figured that "the site is down" like the detractors want us to believe, so I gave up until I thought of using Safari. So the problem was not with the site but with Chrome on my iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
But yes, I have been paying attention to the news and figured that "the site is down" like the detractors want us to believe, so I gave up until I thought of using Safari. So the problem was not with the site but with Chrome on my iMac.
Don't know what to tell you then, like I said, it works fine from here. Actually it was also working two weeks ago with Chrome when the site was really sick. Also works with Safari and Firefox.

We're you then able to complete the paperwork? Another thing to mention is that it also depends on where you're located. The more folks trying to log on from a specific area will bog down the servers. I was on there this afternoon and the site was actually moving along from page to page very well.
QUOTE Thanks
tornadochaser

tornadochaser is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 black macbook 2.4/2/250 running 10.7.5,

i am not signing up for anything obama says to do nor will i pay the fine
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadochaser View Post
i am not signing up for anything obama says to do nor will i pay the fine
Let us know how that works out for you. I suspect the Feds will be about as forgiving as the IRS are when they don't get your money.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
dotdotdot

I'm sure the IRS will take it out of his tax refund.
Actually, I am not sure, but I assume that's how it works, garnishing of sorts.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Greatly simplified... your insurer will will give you their version of a W2 type statement to be filed with your taxes. For the most part, no form = fine which is applied to your taxes... you get a smaller refund or you owe money to the Treasury, much like "normal" taxes work. There are of course, exceptions to the rule and some groups (Wendy's, some 450 trade unions, etc...) have sweetheart deals to get out of it for a while.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Downloaded ibooks | Gaming, Need Some Friends!!! »