New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Journalling vs. Blogging vs. Forums ??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

derekeverett

derekeverett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s

Forgive me if the title of this thread is a little misleading. I am at a complete loss with what to title it.

In short, I have been slowly making some pretty significant life decisions/changes over the last couple years and I am ready now to make some even bigger ones. They are primarily lifestyle oriented (diet, exercise. mental well being) type changes but some hobby oriented as well. There may be some education and career oriented changes in my not so distant future as well.

I have been keeping "notes to myself" on Evernote, I find them helpful and motivational. They have been a tool to keep me focused. I'm not wondering if perhaps a blog, or some sort of Journal would be an even better tool to this end?

I'm not real sure blogging is exactly what I'm after. I don't think I want to focus on one particular area and that seems to be what bloggers do. Perhaps just a journal or a video journal is what I'm looking for? If I was to blog.. it would probably end up just being a type of journal anyway.. just a public one.

I'm not really seeking an audience so much as I am wanting some interaction with others. That leaves me thinking that a forum of some sort might be the best fit but I am unaware of any forum that would suit this purpose. Is there some sort of "Life Improvement" type forum out there?

Any suggestions/sites would be appreciated. No idea to silly for me to consider. I'm really wanting to take this to the next level but I'm stuck when it comes to how...

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

A blog can be nearly anything you want it to be, so no it doesn't have to focus on one area.

If you're seeking interaction with others primarily, I'd say a forum is probably your best bet. There are tonnes of forums on any subject you like, but two places to start looking would be Reddit and some general "life improvement" type websites, many of which will offer user forums.

A typical Reddit forum on this topic (and note the "related subreddits" on the right side of the page):
continuously improve yourself!

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
derekeverett

derekeverett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s

I forgot all about Reddit. I have been meaning to check that out for some time. Watching a tutorial on the site now.. so thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Checco

Checco has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac Mid-2011 ~ 15" MBP Mid-2012 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 5 16GB

Interesting Derek, been thinking about something similar for a while. Thx Chas, will look into Reddit too...maybe see you there, Derek!

(Chas is a serious source of info!)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just to say Hi and check out how this forum works. | An Unhappy Open Letter To Apple »