New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Receding Hairline Problem. Shave or not to shave? 19 YEARS OLD!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Morann

Morann is on a distinguished road

So,im 19 years old and unfortunately have a receding hairline(Thanks Dad).I have recently become of the problem that this could be something that knocks my confidence when attracting girls.

This is the advice i need. Should of shave my head? (My dad rocks a shaven head but he is 49).

..Receding really bad aswell...

5f609b1dd344366f8dd433f0fa5688ea.png

If not shave it,what haircut could i possibly have?!

Advice would be REALLY Helpful.

Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I wouldn't sweat it. You look pretty good to me.

Always time to shave later if you decide to go for it.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

You signed up for an Apple/Macintosh internet forum to make your 1st post a "should I shave my head" question.

I know that we're good...but I didn't realize that we were that good!!!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
You signed up for an Apple/Macintosh internet forum to make your 1st post a "should I shave my head" question.

I know that we're good...but I didn't realize that we were that good!!!

- Nick
Blame Jony Ive . . .

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Morann

Morann is on a distinguished road

Seen a post similar to this but it was around 2 years ago, so i thought why not
QUOTE Thanks
CPulsar

CPulsar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi

I started buzzing (not shaving) in 2005 for two reasons. The first is like you I had a receding hairline. The second is I started riding motorcycles and did not care much for helmet hair. I don't take all of it off mine is more like a military cut. Now that I have done this, I would never go back to having hair. However, I am close to your fathers age. I do see younger people with shaved or military cuts and they look good.

When I decided to buzz my hair off I knew if I did not like it that it would grow back. If you decide to do it, there will be a period of time where you have to get used to it,

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPulsar View Post
I started buzzing (not shaving) in 2005 for two reasons. The first is like you I had a receding hairline. The second is I started riding motorcycles and did not care much for helmet hair. I don't take all of it off mine is more like a military cut. Now that I have done this, I would never go back to having hair. However, I am close to your fathers age. I do see younger people with shaved or military cuts and they look good.

When I decided to buzz my hair off I knew if I did not like it that it would grow back. If you decide to do it, there will be a period of time where you have to get used to it,
FWIW that's the way I wear my hair also, buzz it to about 1/8 inch and cut it again when it gets between 1/4 and 3/8 inch.

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
So,im 19 years old and unfortunately have a receding hairline(Thanks Dad).
Actually, you inherited that from your mother's genes. Your maternal grandfather probably had a receding hairline. If your father also has one, that's double trouble.

Rogaine! (Or, Bosley hair restoration) LINK

Aren't Mac Forums great? We not only help you with your Mac problems, we also show you how to restore your hair!
QUOTE Thanks
CPulsar

CPulsar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post

Aren't Mac Forums great? We not only help you with your Mac problems, we also show you how to restore your hair!
Well, I appreciate that considering I started losing my hair because I was using Windows for many years and not using my iMac. So any kind of hair support is great!

QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Hair is over rated these days.. Its a hassle and just not stylish. I say shave it off or at least trim it all the way back with a trimmer. Thats what I do. Its fantastic never having to worry if your hair is brushed or how it looks.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

@Exodist

How are things going where you are? I don't think you were directly affected by the typhoon since you're a bit farther up north from there (if I'm remembering correctly). Anyway, I sincerely hope the aid that's coming from the US and other countries is getting to those who need it most.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Nah shave it and look like the rest of us old fellas!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I always say hair don't make or break a man your personality will carry you farther with all that you do.
QUOTE Thanks
Poolman

Poolman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air

Well since this is mainly a computer site I vote for photoshop
Seriously just do what makes you feel better and the rest will just fall into place
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

In short follow two rules in life.

1. Only worry about the big things.

2. There are no big things just small things adding up.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« can i get some advice on this girl i like from dating site? | A lot easier to stay in shape than to get back in shape! »