New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Faith?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JeffreyLloyd

JeffreyLloyd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard

Well, this is an anything goes thread. So I don't want to debate "religion" - just wondering what kind of faith everyone has here?

Christian? Atheist? Muslim?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Christian..

but you forgot jewish in your origional post..
I love Judism, jewish people are so nice and I went over my girlfriends for hanukkah and i absolutly loved it.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
JeffreyLloyd

Well, I didn't list every single faith out there

But yeah, Jewish people are wonderful. Have met many wonderful Jewish people online.
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

Christain(roman cathlic) but i disagree with the Church about some stuff
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

I'm Agnostic, but I lean towards athiesm. I like to keep an open mind, and be educated about all religions (I've read translations of the Bible, the Qur'an, The Tanakh, etc...). I like to respect all religions, and only get annoyed when someone attempts to "force" their religion on me.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a "flame" thread, and that everyone respects the beliefs of others...
QUOTE Thanks
justinpfarrell

I am Bapist (Christian).

I am lean toward the liberal side when it comes to faith issues and politics.
QUOTE Thanks
JeffreyLloyd

I'm Catholic for the record. (Probably could have guessed with the 'ave maria' sig

I love my faith
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

Im Catholic... just saying.. oh and Pater Noster (i think i spelled that correctly)
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

FTR, I was raised Episcopalian, and I believe in God. That's about as much as I have figured out.

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

All of my family is Catholic so I guess I am too. But I don't really go to church and I'm definitely not orthodox

QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

I'm sure PBG4 was only talking about the differences in culture... There is no doubt that certain cultures have different attitudes and lifestyles. He was only making a positive statement about a culture as it effects him personally... I think when political correctness gets in the way of a genuine personal compliment we may be taking it a bit too seriously.

I am a Christian... yet I am (from a racial standpoint) partially Jewish. My family is does practice some of the Jewish holidays out of respect for our heritage. I love the Jewish faith because it is something I hold dear to my past. However, that doesn't mean I have any less respect for anyone else's faith... and my love of Judism needn't be taken that way.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Alright guys, I censored the thread. If this is unacceptable move it to the PM's and this thread will be closed. Please, keep it mature and kind spirited. This is a very touchy subject and is difficult to keep light hearted.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Thread Opened
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Christian.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

I am Roman Catholic and extremely well read in theology and biblical studies with historical context. Recently I've been delving into the area of Jewish-Christian relations and I may start abiding by several Jewish laws and customs relatively soon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2 OS Questions... | The Postal Service is now officially mad at Apple... »