New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Rejection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

Apple has rejected hiring me 3 times now! THREE TIMES. Once they interviewed me twice. I thought I was in. NOPE! I believe I wasn't hired because I answered a question wrong. Do the Apple Stores have a database with applicants names they look up for red flags?
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.10.1

The Apples Stores can not keep a database with personal data of applicants, but the Human Resources function of Apple can ( and probably will ).
Don't give up.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Sorry you didn't get the job, but we certainly have no insight into Apple corporate or Apple Store hiring policy and procedures..

If you were looking to get employed by the stores, I imagine that they use a way of tracking applicants online and obviously applying multiple times when you've been rejected is hardly going to want them to hire you..

As a team lead right now in the process of hiring for my team, I can certainly say that if I see a candidate apply multiple times (especially after being rejected through an interview process), I'm certainly not going to look through the resume/credentials again hoping to find some new insight..
Might be time to move on?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
MacLover2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
Sorry you didn't get the job, but we certainly have no insight into Apple corporate or Apple Store hiring policy and procedures..

If you were looking to get employed by the stores, I imagine that they use a way of tracking applicants online and obviously applying multiple times when you've been rejected is hardly going to want them to hire you..

As a team lead right now in the process of hiring for my team, I can certainly say that if I see a candidate apply multiple times (especially after being rejected through an interview process), I'm certainly not going to look through the resume/credentials again hoping to find some new insight..
Might be time to move on?
I suppose you're right. Darn, I answered a question wrong.
I've not had a job in years. No one wants to hire me. So much for hard work, education, skills, not drinking, no jail time and just being a good chap.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

This might be me being overly pragmatic but perhaps you ought to look elsewhere. Reports suggest that their rate of pay is lower than equivalent positions elsewhere so while the position may be more enjoyable (and there is certainly something to be said about the love of your job), it might be more fiscally prudent to seek out those equivalent positions (especially if you've been out of work for a while).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I'm not sure what the Apple hiring process entails, but it involves some sort of a test, answering one question wrong is likely not reason enough to not hire..

The reason to not hire is usually comprised of many things..personality, technical skills, being a team player, moral behavior..

Unfortunately, one of the worst thing is human bias against the long term unemployed. There's the perception that if a person hasn't been employed for a while it is for some reason other than a bad economy or something..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
MacLover2011

It's really hard to get a job out there.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
There's the perception that if a person hasn't been employed for a while it is for some reason other than a bad economy or something..
Very true. One reason why our younger folks, even the better educated ones, are having such a difficult time finding full time employment. That and the fact that employers are just not hiring because of the uncertainty of the "Affordable Health Care Act".
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLover2011 View Post
It's really hard to get a job out there.
Amen! I was unemployed for 3 yrs. Oct 2008 - Oct 2011. Plenty of experience and glowing recommendations. Unfortunately, the longer you're out of the work force, the more they discriminate. It's sad but true. I had to take a warehouse job and work my way back into Accounting almost a year later. But now I'm back where I want to be.

Hang in there and keep trying. You'll find something.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
MacLover2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Amen! I was unemployed for 3 yrs. Oct 2008 - Oct 2011. Plenty of experience and glowing recommendations. Unfortunately, the longer you're out of the work force, the more they discriminate. It's sad but true. I had to take a warehouse job and work my way back into Accounting almost a year later. But now I'm back where I want to be.

Hang in there and keep trying. You'll find something.
Thanks man. But I am an older worker. I truly don't know what the future holds for me. I am praying about it.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLover2011 View Post
Thanks man. But I am an older worker. I truly don't know what the future holds for me. I am praying about it.
That may be part of your problem (age). While it's illegal to discriminate against hiring someone because of age, it is unfortunately a factor. I've been around Apple stores enough to see that most of the folks that work there are in their 20s.
QUOTE Thanks
MacLover2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
That may be part of your problem (age). While it's illegal to discriminate against hiring someone because of age, it is unfortunately a factor. I've been around Apple stores enough to see that most of the folks that work there are in their 20s.
True. But I have seen a hand full of workers who were older than me.
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), dual 23" Samsung LED Displays

Getting a job is horrible in the US these days.. ML its not you. Its a number of factors that while each very small have compounded together and really upset the job workforce in the US. When our government states we have 10% unemployment, they really mean 30%..

When I was younger, IT was the "it" field to be in. A few years of experience and a A+ cert and you were on your way to 40k a year job. If you had 2 year IT degree and A+, 60k. 4year and no A+ you was 75k or higher.

Then there is now. 4-5 years experience, A+, Linux+, Network+, CCNA and 4 year degree gets you a 30k if your LUCKY..

I got sick of doing the high end engineering work that one would normally get paid 60k for and only getting 25k a year.. I straight up said to hell with it, my military pension paid me more a month then I made working.. I retired at 35 and moved to the Philippines..

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
I straight up said to hell with it, my military pension paid me more a month then I made working.. I retired at 35 and moved to the Philippines..
Retired at 35...on a military pension??...did you enlist when you were 15? To the best of my knowledge...you need to put in a minimum of 20 years before you can collect on a military pension.

Or were you injured in one of the many conflicts we've been involved in over the last 20+ years...and that's been factored in?

Just curious...maybe things have changed since I was in the US military.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MacLover2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
Getting a job is horrible in the US these days.. ML its not you. Its a number of factors that while each very small have compounded together and really upset the job workforce in the US. When our government states we have 10% unemployment, they really mean 30%..

When I was younger, IT was the "it" field to be in. A few years of experience and a A+ cert and you were on your way to 40k a year job. If you had 2 year IT degree and A+, 60k. 4year and no A+ you was 75k or higher.

Then there is now. 4-5 years experience, A+, Linux+, Network+, CCNA and 4 year degree gets you a 30k if your LUCKY..

I got sick of doing the high end engineering work that one would normally get paid 60k for and only getting 25k a year.. I straight up said to hell with it, my military pension paid me more a month then I made working.. I retired at 35 and moved to the Philippines..

Thanks. However, I do think it is me. I have been on many job interviews that I was qualified for. I don't know anymore. At the age of 53 I really don't know what I'm going to do. I never thought I would be faced with this. Maybe you're right. Maybe it's not me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Made the switch away from iPhone. My experience. | New Mac Pro Color.. Possible Mouse and Keyboard recolor? »