New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

An Open Letter of Appreciation to Mac-Forum's Leaders

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

Dear Mac-Forum's Leaders,

It's been a long time since I've been truly active on the forum, but I just wanted to say that I was very impressed with the manner cwa107 handled the recent dispute on the Buy/Sell forum. People like him, Schweb, D3v1L80Y, MacHeadCase and dtravis7 (among others, pardon if I forgot to name you specifically) were the reasons I chose this forum back in 2007 when I first switched to Mac.

It has always seemed like the staff on this forum are really out to provide the best experience for forum members, and I'm glad to have been part of the community in the earlier years. I've been busy with college, a career, and life in general but I always find my way back here just to provide a random tidbit of my knowledge to new switchers if I can.

So thank you staff, moderators, and admins at Mac-Forums. Without you this forum would be a place without rules or oversight that makes it the friendly/helpful place it is to be.

Best,

Miles S. Thomas

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Wow, thanks Miles. That's a great compliment. Thanks for taking the time out, it means a lot.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

nickyr is a jewel in the roughnickyr is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.10, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 8, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

Not to jump on the bandwagon or anything but as someone who has also been a member of, and very infrequent poster on, these forums for quite some time now, I'd like to add that in general this is the frendliest and most helpful forum I frequent.

That is all.

what have the Roman's ever done for us?

QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

I've been an admin of and a mod on several sites and this one is the friendliest, most helpful website of its kind I have seen. Well done to the proprietors and staff!
QUOTE Thanks
CPulsar

CPulsar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi

I have to agree with you milessthomas. I have not been a member for long however, I see this forum as one of the most informational forums I have seen. I come here often several times a day to read and learn things. I also have to say, coming from me that is a huge comment. I have been on many forums and even had some of my own. I really like the way this forum is run and how mods and admins are on top of it.
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

Glad to see support for staff from other members new and old!

I wish I had the time to be as active as was back then. Not sure if people still get on from time to time, but we definitely had some great conversations on the IRC channel. It's interesting to lurk behind the scenes when I get a chance and see who is still around posting. Hopefully, now that work tends to finally stay at work I will have some time to provide some assistance.

Whatever happened to the FAQ we attempted? I seem to remember detailing some screenshot emblazoned posts that Jules and I created for setting up VPNs and Networking protocols. Obviously would need to be updated now, but I still think the FAQ idea was a valuable one.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« BI: Nokia Lumia 1020 camera better than iPhone 5S | Have Apple shot themselves in the foot with their iPhone naming conventions? »