New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Ballmer to go!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Buy MS shares now!

At last they may get someone at the helm who knows what they are doing, unless its just a safe insider from the Microsoft bubble.

BBC News - Microsoft chief Steve Ballmer to retire within 12 months

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I read that in this morning's news. The problem is that Ballmer will be hanging around for some time before he actually retires. The news also stated that he wouldn't be taking a retirement package. I guess when you're a billionaire you don't need one.

Be interesting to see who the board nominates as the next CEO.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I have sent in my CV, not holding out much hope, especially as I can't spell Ballmer

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Absolutely incredible news!!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Maybe we will see Microsoft start to really improve once he's out of the building. I can't even begin to understand why it has taken this long to get him out.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Right now Microsoft stock is up about $2.50 (~7.7%).

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Rigth now Microsoft stock is up about $2.50 (~7.7%).

- Nick

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

I'd have more faith in MS if they focused on their Enterprise/back office offerings more. They let it slide for the sake of gaming and tablets and netbooks. You don't let your bread and butter go while working on new stuff - you keep your base solid when you extend. All the stuff that made MS tolerable (and admittedly useful) in the workplace got crappy over the last 5 years IMHO. Their "necessary evil" services have suffered and people are looking elsewhere for their big ticket and invasive infrastructure solutions. When companies start dropping the really big IT dollars again, I'm betting a smaller percentage goes to MS than it did even 5 years ago. There will be a lot of sad former Sharepoint and AD admins by 2020 unless things change.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Right now Microsoft stock is up about $2.50 (~7.7%).

- Nick
Cha Ching . . . . .

Im not surprised but as stated above i cant believe it hasn't been sooner. If only this news came out in about 2-3 months time, i could of got myself lucky with 25k in my pocket. Will watch the price and see what it does.

Anyone got any ideas as to who could be his replacement ? Someone already in the MS system, or someone from outside that has a fresh look on things. I couldnt even tell you who is their from Ballmer down at all.

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post

Anyone got any ideas as to who could be his replacement ? Someone already in the MS system, or someone from outside that has a fresh look on things. I couldnt even tell you who is their from Ballmer down at all.

Since MS are always trying to ape Apple nowadays, I hear Scott Forstall is looking for something to do, he would fit well with Microsoft's corporate culture....

QUOTE Thanks
safarisurfer

safarisurfer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13 inch 2012 Air

I dont care about microsoft. I dont understand what they are doing or thinking over there. I understand they want to steer the direction of a better touch based interface but forcing everyone into that interface even when a lot of people didnt even have touch screens at the time yet made no sense to me. that should have been optional. Apple integrated the launchpad perfectly into osx. its functional and you dont even have to use that if you dont want too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« If there ever was a phone to take me away from the iPhone. this would be it . . . . | Very Happy With Genius Bar Service »