New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Microsoft to merge its islands into one holistic continent

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

At last, Microsoft has realised its competing divisions are bad for business, a rare smart move from Mr Ballmer

BBC News - Microsoft unveils reorganisation

Here's what he says

Quote:
"Although we will deliver multiple devices and services to execute and monetise the strategy, the single core strategy will drive us to set shared goals for everything we do. We will see our product line holistically, not as a set of islands," Mr Ballmer said.
Don't you just love management speak, I hope Cook doesn't speak like that

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Google seemed to realize that the "island" approach didn't work when Page took over and it seems to have worked for them in terms of making products that cohere together so I hope the same happens for Microsoft. Because, really, at the end of the day, we all win if that's the case.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Because, really, at the end of the day, we all win if that's the case.
+1 and Amen. Like the editor of MacWorld stated several issues ago in an editorial, Microsoft is no longer the enemy.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

I actually am hoping MSFT turns some things around, because from my point of view, they are getting blasted left and right from almost everything they are doing. I actually like Windows 8. I've been using the Pro edition on my XPS720 for a while now, and have gotten used to the difference between the old Windows 7 and previous generations. I dislike some things, such as apps taking over a new screen instead of opening on the desktop when it's just a small "app." But, the apps themselves are actually nice to have, and are something that remind me of Mac OS. I just think they have a bit to go before perfecting what they have created. I'll stick with it, as well as OSX(obviously ), until they do. However, until that day comes, I will be hoping for Ballmer's firing.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Support/Server Essentials Exams | Looking for old macintosh game »