New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Need to create simple text-based discussion list

Thread Closed

dmag

Hi,

I need to create a simple discussion forum, probably like a text-based listserve (if that's what it's called).

We recently "signed up" a large number of people who gave us permission to enroll them in our new discussion forum. However, after setting up the forum on Yahoo Groups, we discovered that it was an opt-in situation, and it just hasn't worked.

Some people have signed up; many have asked us why they have to go through the process at Yahoo when they already gave us permission; some can't figure out the Yahoo process; many have told us they never got the message to enroll; and it's generally been a mess.

Now we're doing another event and will have another 200 people tell us they want to be involved. We don't want the same problems, so we're thinking to just put up a simple listserve forum, where they can respond to us and each other.

What I need is help to know where to find the software to do this, and how to set it up.

More importantly, I want a system where we can send them an e-mail that requires only them hitting the "reply" button to confirm their enrollment.

I'm sure most of you who read this know what I'm talking about.

The simpler the system, the better.

Any help is appreciated.
Racoon200

Racoon200 is on a distinguished road

Man, get one in editboard.com, there you can customize a forum like this one.
Take a look at mine:
http://www.etkclan.editboard.com

Thread Closed

« Trading my PC for a Mac, need advice! | Great Number! »